Where are the greese zirks for the Roadsmith drive shaft located??

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Sep 2, 2016
Springfield, Mass. USA
Where are the greese zirks for the Roadsmith drive shaft located??

2010 Goldwing, with Roadsmith trike kit....

Where are the driveshaft greese zirks located?? Is there one or two greese fittings underneath??

How often should I be greeseing them??
I'm planning on greeseing every 3,000 miles....

Can I get to them without lifting bike? OR can I put three blocks under wheels for easier reach..

New too triking here, just converted this season to three wheels, and love everything about trikes

Thank you

Ronnie

I Have a 2013 ht1800 kit. It has no fittings on the U-Joints. How ever it has 2 zirk fittings on the drive shaft.

One at the front and one on the rear. These are in the tube. They are to grease the sliders. I add one squirt

in each at every oil change.

2010 Goldwing, with Roadsmith trike kit....

Where are the driveshaft greese zirks located?? Is there one or two greese fittings underneath??

How often should I be greeseing them??
I'm planning on greeseing every 3,000 miles....

Can I get to them without lifting bike? OR can I put three blocks under wheels for easier reach..

New too triking here, just converted this season to three wheels, and love everything about trikes

Thank you

Ronnie

Ronnie - congrats on your new trike and welcome to the world of 3-wheels!! Your driveshaft has sealed U-joints on the driveshaft. There are no grease zerks to maintain. There is a fitting on the slip-joint (between the two halves of the driveshaft) that you can grease once a year. As far as other maintenance? Visual inspection annually or before a trip will suffice. All pivot points contain urethane bushings (no maintenance required) and the driveshaft is as listed above. Enjoy your new trike and let us know if any other questions.

Jim

grease zirks question??

Ronnie - congrats on your new trike and welcome to the world of 3-wheels!! Your driveshaft has sealed U-joints on the driveshaft. There are no grease zerks to maintain. There is a fitting on the slip-joint (between the two halves of the driveshaft) that you can grease once a year. As far as other maintenance? Visual inspection annually or before a trip will suffice. All pivot points contain urethane bushings (no maintenance required) and the driveshaft is as listed above. Enjoy your new trike and let us know if any other questions.

Thank you very much!

I believe I was mis-understanding, between the "slip joint" and the "driveshaft" Many thanks for clearing that up for me..Ok I feel better now, I did pump in a couple squirts of grease before putting her away for the long winter season..

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png