Air shock fuse?

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I started to increase the air in my Stallions rear air shocks and the everything went dead. I hope it is just a blown fuse. I looked in the owners manual to identify the fuse, but there is no listing for the air shocks. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem and found the fuse that is used to control this circuit? I could go through and check all of the fuses, but I thought this might be quicker!

Thanks for any help!

Jerry

A couple of days ago I started to increase the air in my Stallions rear air shocks and the everything went dead. I hope it is just a blown fuse. I looked in the owners manual to identify the fuse, but there is no listing for the air shocks. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem and found the fuse that is used to control this circuit? I could go through and check all of the fuses, but I thought this might be quicker!

Thanks for any help!

Jerry

The fuse listing on page 42 shows that Fuse number 8 is a 10 amp controlling both the Adjustable pedals and the airbag suspension. See if the pedal adjustment doesn't work and you may have found your problem

Thanks!

Thanks for the information! I went back to the manual myself and read through the list again and I also found that it was fuse number 8. The motor on the accelerator no longer works and so I suspect thats, like you say, the problem. Now the problem is how do you get the motor out of there to replace it?

Jerry

Thanks for the information! I went back to the manual myself and read through the list again and I also found that it was fuse number 8. The motor on the accelerator no longer works and so I suspect thats, like you say, the problem. Now the problem is how do you get the motor out of there to replace it?

Jerry

If both the motor for the air bag pump and the motor that positions the pedals doesn't work I wouldn't suspect the motors to be the problem. To have two motors fail at the same time would be rare.

Power and Ground is where to start. Sounds like neither motor is getting power or a ground wire is broken. I would start at the fuse 8. Then go and check where you are loosing power to the switches that control the two circuits. You need to find something in common that would cause both to fail and both circuits get power from that one fuse 8. If it is a blown fuse you have to find out why it failed too.

If you have power to the switches and to the motors you could be missing a common ground connection to both circuits. A good ground connection is hard to find sometimes on the bike with all the plastic and fiberglass and even connecting to the frame doesn't guarantee a good ground.

I had the same issue a few years back. Here is another 2 cents worth. With the back seat off, on the left you should see the hose coming from the compressor, the fitting is a simple push/pull connector. Slide your fingers over the hose and push the outer edge of the connector in, pull the hose out. Now turn on the key to apply power to the compressor and it should kit on. If it does you know it's good and you probably need to adjust the regulator to increase the pressure up. Reconnect the hose. That is the cylinder, if I remember silver, with the rubber plug on the bottom of it. Pull the plug and use an allen wrench to screw in in to increase the pressure. Factory setting was 10 psi. I adjusted mine to 20 psi as I never run lower than that anyway. I hope this helps you.

Tomg

I had the same issue a few years back. Here is another 2 cents worth. With the back seat off, on the left you should see the hose coming from the compressor, the fitting is a simple push/pull connector. Slide your fingers over the hose and push the outer edge of the connector in, pull the hose out. Now turn on the key to apply power to the compressor and it should kit on. If it does you know it's good and you probably need to adjust the regulator to increase the pressure up. Reconnect the hose. That is the cylinder, if I remember silver, with the rubber plug on the bottom of it. Pull the plug and use an allen wrench to screw in in to increase the pressure. Factory setting was 10 psi. I adjusted mine to 20 psi as I never run lower than that anyway. I hope this helps you.

Tomg

Thanks Tom, I may do the same on mine as the trike always has the trailer being pulled behind it every where it goes and i run about 50-60 lbs ,i have to check before each ride or event as its always leaking down air pressure sometimes even to 0 if it has sat for a month or so...

I was also concerned of the reading going "crazy " at time, then found out . . . The transducer is a “quick read” transducer and reads the air pressure in the suspension at that moment. As your suspension compresses and rebounds, it creates a change in recognized air pressure in the system in turn, causing the readout to fluctuate as well.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png