Rocker Lockers

So I get an E-mail from DK today ~ Rocker Lockers ~ Has anyone had the time to look at these? I love the idea, I love that it's under $20 for a part the the HD should be putting in the damn engine anyway. But here's the rub: I am damn sure it's beyond my wrenching comfort zone. I know - Pop the tank off and just take the Rockers yada yada yada......not gonna happen, lol.

So.....any idea what it would cost to have this done....Thanks

Fairly Easy I am told.

From what I have learned from reading post and talking to people that have installed these, it is not very hard at all. It just takes a little time but not very technical. I also don't know if HD will even install them. I don't think they make anything like this for sale. However, if they (HD) will install them for you I would bet they would probably hit you for 1 1/2 hours of labor. Maybe a little less, but maybe a little more. It would not take a good HD tech an hour at the most to do it, but you know how that goes. That being said, at $80.00 to over $120.0 per hour or more, well, you do the math. I am sure someone in here that has done this will post something for you. Kevin at DK might even reply for you. I know he will help you anyway he can info wise.

We have well over 100 HD Dealerships, as well as dozens of Indy shops, that buy them from us and install them in their Customers rides.

There is a Indy shop, local to us, that purchases 25 sets every other month...they rarely work on a bike that they don't install them on.

Here is a video from Tallahassee Harley Davidson, they say they take around 3 hours to do it.

If you want to hear the before and after, listen to the above video, starting at the 1:57 mark.

I think the job is closer to 1.5-2 hours...but each dealership will vary.

Over half of the Rocker Lockers we sell are to individuals that install them, themselves.

Kevin

Ordered my kit on 1/9/2020 ... got here 01/13/2020 ... those gals at DK are quick ... LOL ... and I typed my last name wrong and had to email Kevin to fix it ... :D ... might have been here sooner without that oops.

Now if the headaches would subside a tad more, the toe would heal and the weather would warm up ... I'd get them installed :D ... that constant clicking" is the loudest part of my Tri ... well okay ... the infotainment system is usually cranked up pretty high ... :AGGHH:

May be a good upgrade,but, I bet the minute you have a problem warranty will be denied ,if they have to go into the motor & see them.:(

Bill they are kind of hard to see. Most would look at the assembly and if they noticed at all would think they were normally part of the assembly. They are just a bushing that is fitted into a bolt hole.

Bill they are kind of hard to see. Most would look at the assembly and if they noticed at all would think they were normally part of the assembly. They are just a bushing that is fitted into a bolt hole.

I will ask my SM about them. Also have to see how the M8 sounds. I know the 16 could have used them. Still don't have the new Tri yet. Sounds like worst part of the install is removing the tank. SO are you saying they go clear on down in the bolt hole?

May be a good upgrade,but, I bet the minute you have a problem warranty will be denied ,if they have to go into the motor & see them.:(

Probably ... washing the Tri outside of a HD Dealership could void the warrantee. :Shrug:

To Gorilla's point ... the entire kit fits in my hand ... in the packaging LOL ... and I have tiny hands :blush:

View attachment 81667

It's so small ... when it came I took it out of the padded envelope and put it "somewhere safe" ... this morning I wanted to take a peek at it ... couldn't find it for about an hour ... :blush:

I will ask my SM about them. Also have to see how the M8 sounds. I know the 16 could have used them. Still don't have the new Tri yet. Sounds like worst part of the install is removing the tank. SO are you saying they go clear on down in the bolt hole?

Removing the tank is easy if it has only has just a little fuel in it ... :D

My M8 is quite so wont need them so far.

Hmmm ... maybe there is a reason to upgrade ... :D

They are not made for M8's because they are not needed in the M8 engine.

Yes, they go all the way into the rocker support plate bolt holes. The chance of them being noticed is slim, but is pretty much irrelevant since the illegal epa/hd consent decree does not apply to the model bikes that benefit from the Rocker Lockers.

Kevin

Just by asking a dealer if such and such' Will void your Warranty' Will void your Warranty..;)...:D..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png