2018 ... here is what I know

You could be a riding a GL1200 and there are a number of people who do. I know on one of the Goldwing forums there's a member with a 1200 and it has 285,000 miles on it. :D

No email yet from Honda letting me know that its being released. :(

Greg, if you want new tech....you should be looking at the DCT!!!!!!!!

The consensus on the GL1800Riders board is that most would get the DCT!...no more Ghost shifting!

If I was in the market for a new Wing...that would be my biggest want!

The consensus on the GL1800Riders board is that most would get the DCT!

Long, long ago I learned to never trust the consensus over there. The reason ... because what I found often disagreed with "their consensus." In most cases, the consensus is formed from members who have never "done" what they are posting about but may plan to in the future. And, if you do what "they think you should," then "they can learn from your mistake." Unfortunately it comes with irony ... "don't you dare post what they wanted you to learn because it can make 'them' look like 'they' gave you bad advice." It puts their reputation on the line. Don't forget ... forums are only virtual ... and do not represent real world.

Here's what I always advise what a poster should do. If seeking advise, ask if they've personally done what they are recommending that you do. If a poster does, usually the post will quickly loose it's following, and the poster seeking information is left with no real answer. Basically the arm chair quarterbacks have moved on to another unsuspecting victim.

Long, long ago I learned to never trust the consensus over there. The reason ... because what I found often disagreed with "their consensus." In most cases, the consensus is formed from members who have never "done" what they are posting about but may plan to in the future. And, if you do what "they think you should," then "they can learn from your mistake." Unfortunately it comes with irony ... "don't you dare post what they wanted you to learn because it can make 'them' look like 'they' gave you bad advice." It puts their reputation on the line.

Here's what I always advise ... always ask if they have personally done what they are recommending that you do. If ask that, usually the post will quickly loose it's following, and you'll often be left with no real answer. Basically arm chair quarterbacking.

There is an old saying......A wise man learns by His mistakes.....[Wrong] It should be;;

A True Wise Man learns from the Mistakes of Others....

I agree that there can be a sheep mentality with many arm chair quarterbacks.....but if you read the thread regarding DCT vs Manual....there are quite a few that have owned bikes with dct like the Africa Twin and the NC700.....also the VFR.

Not one of them had negative thoughts!

I’ve always thought that the Goldwing was the perfect platform for DCT.

How many times have you arrived at a destination in an unknown town late in the evening having to deal with the lay of the land when your tired.....That DCT would be nice to have wouldn’t it?

Greg......I still frequent the GL1800Riders forum on a regular basis.....it is as well managed as any forum including this one.

The moderators are doing a great job of policing the troublemakers!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png