Which one to buy

Newbie here.I've been watching this forum as well as the TGU forum.I'm getting ready to buy but my question is which trike is more responsive? Are both motors tuned the same or is the TGU tuned to move the extra weight?I'm leaning toward the Free Wheeler so I can customize it the way I want with out the added weight but I'd like to know if it has some serious balls as far as torque and acceleration.:Shrug:Thanks for reading this post.

Welcome to Trike-Talk 'Phil.......All i can suggest is to test ride both, With the new M8 Engine. I have a 17 M8 Tri-Glide, And had an 11Tri-Glide 103 engine...There is no comparison the M8 has much more power, Though all rpm ranges..:clapping:

Good advice, test ride them both. I have a 2017 Freewheeler & love it around town & on the highway, but I travel solo, if I traveled 2 up a lot, I might have gone with the Tri-glide. Also, if I lived in a hotter climate, the glide has water cooling.

Newbie here.I've been watching this forum as well as the TGU forum.I'm getting ready to buy but my question is which trike is more responsive? Are both motors tuned the same or is the TGU tuned to move the extra weight?I'm leaning toward the Free Wheeler so I can customize it the way I want with out the added weight but I'd like to know if it has some serious balls as far as torque and acceleration.:Shrug:Thanks for reading this post.

I've owned both 17s plus older ones. Each has pro's and few cons. Recommend you rent one of each for at least a day and decide for yourself.

I've owned both 17s plus older ones. Each has pro's and few cons. Recommend you rent one of each for at least a day and decide for yourself.

What they said - I have owned both as CY20017 models. Personal decision based on how you wide. There are more of the shelf H-D accessories, especially seat options, for the TG than the FW.

The Freeweeler is a Hot rod

Not alot of extra goodies choices yet for it

IMO you should ride them both to compare

The Freewheeler has oil cooled heads whilst the Tri glides heads are liquid cooled

If you are someone who likes the Road King over the Ultra Classic then you would more and likely want the Freewheeler....Now if you like all the bells and whistles with a large fairing out front then the Tri Glide is the way to go....btw welcome aboard...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png