• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Photos of your rear end —. Not THAT rear end !!!!!!

Reaction score
Wanting to add some extra lighting for the rear of my Tri Glide, but too many types and brands so I’m asking for pics. Attach a photo of the trike rear with a description and part numbers of your added lights.

Would like a shot with running lights and then brakes if you can! I want to be sure what the results will be befor drilling mounts or wire holes in the trike!

Thanks in advance !

Not lit up but the Kuri. lights on each side of trunk sure do light up the back. Often thought aabout a third brake light top center like Harley OEM luggage rack maybe someday. ride safe Fred

Attachments

• DSC00126.JPG
    DSC00126.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC00127.JPG
    DSC00127.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 355
I'll have to take a pic tonight. I have H-D LED tail lights, Custom Dynamics tail light pulsating module, Hyper-Lites on bottom of trunk, and a whole lot of SOLAS reflecting tape.

If someone hits me - they are blind.

I'll have to take a pic tonight. I have H-D LED tail lights, Custom Dynamics tail light pulsating module, Hyper-Lites on bottom of trunk, and a whole lot of SOLAS reflecting tape.

If someone hits me - they are blind.

I can post a picture, but how do you post a video?? Anything special?

Not a Tri-Glide, but hoping this will help.

We have HyperLites on the back of the speakers on either side of the backrest. They are red running lights, amber turn signals and flash for 5 seconds when the brakes are applied. We have the Honda trunk spoiler with a high center brake light. Also there are lights along the lower edge of the trunk - a set of Custom Dynamics Tru-Flex red LED light bars along the lower edge of the trike. All 3 are running lights that also brighten when the brakes are applied.

Custom Dynamics: https://www.customdynamics.com/

Hypwelites: http://www.hyperlites.com/

Both companies have universal and brand specific motorcycle LED lighting.

I'm at work, this is the only rear view picture I have on this computer. Brakes are on. When brakes are not on all the lights are slightly dimmer, except the spoiler light under the trunk rack, which only comes on with the brakes.

Attachments

• IMG_0466 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0466 - Copy.JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 332
Thanks for the pics, Keep em comming.

But I have a question, if I install the Kuryakyn lites do I have to change the HD taillites to LED?

Or f I add the Custom Dynamics flasher, do all the lites have to be LED?

Both Kuryakyn and Custom Dynamics omit this little piece of information on their sites?

On our Honda the Hyperlites and the Custom Dynamics LED light bars tie into the existing wiring with Posi Lock connectors. https://www.posi-products.com/

I didn't need a separate or different flasher. The Custom Dynamics LED light bars are very bright. I bought the attachment they offer that reduces the brightness to 30% for running lights and full power for brakes. At 30% the light strips are equal to or just a bit brighter then the OEM lights. I have found Custom Dynamics customer service very good. If I have a question I just call them up and have always gotten a prompt answer.

The Hyper Lites also just connect to the stock harness. Hyperlites FAQ: http://www.hyperlites.com/faq.html

The video won't attach. I'll try again

It's hard to see the SOLAS tape. It is all around on the lip of the tour pac lid, 2 rows under the tour pac light and along the width of the bumper. They show up as bright as the lights when a headlight beam hits them.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Tour-Pak RBT Filler Light can be seen HERE.

Running Lights-

tg_tp_led_rbt_3_1.jpg

Brake Lights-

tg_tp_led_rbt_5_1.jpg

Turn Signal-

tg_tp_led_rbt_4_1.jpg

Mud Flap RBT Lights, more pics can be seen HERE.

led_mud_flaps_rbt_1_1.jpg

I am all about BEING SEEN! This combination of Run-Brake-Turn lights can even get the attention someones who's texting. :)

Here's a photo of it at night, with just the running lights-

LED%20Rear_zpsxkjffx6p.jpg

Here's a photo in the shop, during the daytime. Brake lights are on. The camera obviously had a problem with how bright they were....lol...or I was just too close.

Newest%20See%20and%20be%20Seen_zpsapjdglj5.jpg

Kevin

The video won't attach. I'll try again

It's hard to see the SOLAS tape. It is all around on the lip of the tour pac lid, 2 rows under the tour pac light and along the width of the bumper. They show up as bright as the lights when a headlight beam hits them.

View attachment 50851View attachment 50852View attachment 50853

Well, it says my video is too long. What's the next step? Is there a way to shorten the size of the video?

Looks like the Kuryakyn light bars will work just fine with can bus models. Also going to

add the 48” led strip just below the trunk. Seems to be compatible with early and late trikes. I’ll be sure to post a completed pic to this post when I get them installed!

Thanks to all who sent pics to help with the first phase of “ Lite-in up the backside”!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png