enough of the cold already - heading south ASAP

GrandpaDave

Jul 5, 2013
Hankinson, ND, USA
Hi all,

It was 14 degrees here this morning and there was a thin layer of ice on part of our lake already so I made my reservations at Medina Highpoint Resort in the Hill Country near Medina Texas. We're heading south two weeks from today for several months.

I'm looking forward to my first trike riding in two years now that my cancer is in remission and I'm feeling stronger again. Looking forward to seeing other Trike Talk members while in Texas for the winter.

Dave

Not as cold here yet but its not too far off...Lost power in the nor'easter windstorm Sunday night, & still on generator power for at least another day or 2?

On the bright side, at least no damage to our house from trees & or branches falling.

Glad to hear you're doing better physically, & hope you enjoy the warmer weather in Texas, Dave.ThumbUp

Hi all,

It was 14 degrees here this morning and there was a thin layer of ice on part of our lake already so I made my reservations at Medina Highpoint Resort in the Hill Country near Medina Texas. We're heading south two weeks from today for several months.

I'm looking forward to my first trike riding in two years now that my cancer is in remission and I'm feeling stronger again. Looking forward to seeing other Trike Talk members while in Texas for the winter.

Dave

Glad your doing well. You better pack your long flannels, the forecast for the Hills is colder than normal. The hurricane destroyed our campground in Port A where we usually go, before getting to MHP. We will be heading to Eloy, AZ instead. We won't be at MHP until feb 15. Hoping your still there. We got some riding to do!

Jan & John

We're in the normal yo-yo cycle at the moment - warm then cool. Expecting to set a record high tomorrow for November 93°, I think, and staying warm until Wednesday of next week when another front will come through.

Hi all,

It was 14 degrees here this morning and there was a thin layer of ice on part of our lake already so I made my reservations at Medina Highpoint Resort in the Hill Country near Medina Texas. We're heading south two weeks from today for several months. You must ride the 3 sisters, while you are there.

Dave

I was in Bandera ( close to Medina) last weekend, and it was in the 20's at night. I does warm up during the day. I live just south of Houston, and it will be in the 80's for the next 10 days.

I was in Bandera ( close to Medina) last weekend, and it was in the 20's at night. I does warm up during the day. I live just south of Houston, and it will be in the 80's for the next 10 days.

Yep. We are at 86º now. Predicted record breaker today. Personally I like it. I'll take hot weather over cold any day.:clapping:

We are having a LOT of HIGH wind here in the Permian Basin but sunny and dry...hence, blowing dust and a lot of showers and baths taken out here tonight! :)

Just west of us at Guadalupe Pass they have had wind gusts to 55mph yesterday and again already today. We are expecting close to 90* here today. It's 82* already. Unusually warm for this time of year for sure. These temps will last through at least middle of next week anyway. Kind-of wish the wind would taper off. Humidity is at 16% right now - makes for very dry eyes and skin. If it goes much lower I'll have to turn on the house-size humidifier.

We are having a LOT of HIGH wind here in the Permian Basin but sunny and dry...hence, blowing dust and a lot of showers and baths taken out here tonight! :)

Just west of us at Guadalupe Pass they have had wind gusts to 55mph yesterday and again already today. We are expecting close to 90* here today. It's 82* already. Unusually warm for this time of year for sure. These temps will last through at least middle of next week anyway. Kind-of wish the wind would taper off. Humidity is at 16% right now - makes for very dry eyes and skin. If it goes much lower I'll have to turn on the house-size humidifier.

I can relate. Lived in Monahans for a few months, moving there from Abilene. The low humidity caused some of our furniture to dry out to the point that some glue joints separated. Loved that climate. Then we moved to the armpit of the world - Tyler.

Yep. Been plenty warm here in Bellville, Texas the past few days and supposed to be till next Wednesday. Then we get a cool front (not cold). Never lived up north but at least in the cold you can put more clothes on. Kind of hard to ride around here in the heat naked. People get upset and sensitive body parts get burned. Lol.

Sunman

Yes, still warm here, but much nicer than the 100+ temps. Wind is what I hate, unless all the leaves are blowing away and not stopping in my yard. I should say all the trees are still green and the rocks have not turned to sand.

Local weather record highs the last 3 days here. Guess this has to be pure signs for those globalist climate changers. I love it. I hate the cold. Have since getting a nasty frostbite case years ago in the Sierra's. My feet are always cold until we reach 85º but I'm still not comfortable until we hit 90º. And that's where we've been this late in the year. Most likely means January will be murder with record cold or deep snow.:Shrug::(

@GrandPaDave

Hopes and prayers that your cancer stays in remission. We traded for our Tri Glide shortly after I got a clean scan.

Bob

Hopes and prayers that your cancer stays in remission. We traded for our Tri Glide shortly after I got a clean scan.

Bob

Thanks for the kind words Bob and glad to hear you're doing well. We arrived at Medina High Point Resort, Medina, TX yesterday, a couple days earlier than planned and are getting settled in now. It was 62 outside this morning and now at noon it's 75. Next project is to unload the trike out of the enclosed trailer and give it a spit shine as it's a bit dusty from sitting the past couple of months.

Dave & Peg,

Do you plan to ride Saturday? I can come to the RV park or meet you someplace.

Since you haven't ridden in 2 years I will follow you so you can ride at your own pace. I should be able to keep up.:Angel:

Looking forward to see you both again.

Lola

Dave & Peg,

Do you plan to ride Saturday? I can come to the RV park or meet you someplace.

Since you haven't ridden in 2 years I will follow you so you can ride at your own pace. I should be able to keep up.:Angel:

Looking forward to see you both again.

Lola

lola

I think we should hold off a week or two until I've been out a few times on short runs to see how strong I am. Thanks for the offer and we'll keep in touch to schedule something.

Nice to here from you.

Dave

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png