• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Trike Lift

RUMRUNR

100+ Posts
Reaction score
I'm in the market to buy a lift that I can use for my Trike, UTV & lawn mower. Anybody out there have one for sale or suggestions of what would work best. I can't lay on the concrete anymore and would at least like to sit on a stool and work.

Read this thread. You'll get all the info you need.. https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/45179-Goldwing-Trike-LIfts?highlight=trike+lift :xszpv: :xszpv:

Found a Weaver 1500XL, NOS, the guy bought it, put it together and never used it. Not the most expensive lift out there but I bought it about half the price of new. I have about a 3 hour drive to get there, get it on the Trike trailer and back home by dark 30.

Thanks for the thread link, it helped seeing whats out there.

Found a Weaver 1500XL, NOS, the guy bought it, put it together and never used it. Not the most expensive lift out there but I bought it about half the price of new. I have about a 3 hour drive to get there, get it on the Trike trailer and back home by dark 30.

Thanks for the thread link, it helped seeing whats out there.

Glad you found a lift Del. Did a quick search for the Weaver 1500XL. It looks like it will do the job. I have to admit that I don't fully see what makes it function. I think it is pneumatic. I had a Harbor Freight lift for years that was similar and worked quite well.

Glad you found a lift Del. Did a quick search for the Weaver 1500XL. It looks like it will do the job. I have to admit that I don't fully see what makes it function. I think it is pneumatic. I had a Harbor Freight lift for years that was similar and worked quite well.

The lift is air/hydraulic, plug in the air to the hydraulic reservoir that has a peddle to raise or lower. I don't know how it works exactly either, there must be a bladder in the reservoir that pushes fluid to the hydraulic cylinder. I will find out Sat. when I pick it up.

I hope I have a lift that will transition from the bike I now use to a trike when I get it converted. I got a Weaver® W-1500 Hi-Rise.

This is how it comes so you need a way to lift it right off the bat.

b_081842.jpg

This is put together(which isn't much) and put to work with my bike on it. I may have to add a 6 to 8 inch plate to fully support a trike rear-end but that's easy enough. Weight-wise the unit will handle it which was my primary concern.

b_005128.jpg

A person might be better off spending just a few hundred dollars more and getting a car lift which has several adjustments for places to lift a trike. I'd like to see if one of these could do the job but I truly think it would and you would be able to use it for so much more. I can see just one additional plate required to link the two front lift points to one that bridges the two. But that's it. Now look how easy it would be to work on all your vehicles. I simply had no idea car lifts could be had for this price or I would have gone this route and figured out a way to use it to lift my bike. I know I could have done it. Something to think about if you haven't already gone down the route of motorcycle lifts. Do your homework because I just stumbled onto car lifts as an option. There maybe some that already have trike options or even bike options. I could just see I could have done better but too late for me now.

XH-ES-9KBP-02.jpg

Elite KBP

The lift is air/hydraulic, plug in the air to the hydraulic reservoir that has a peddle to raise or lower. I don't know how it works exactly either, there must be a bladder in the reservoir that pushes fluid to the hydraulic cylinder. I will find out Sat. when I pick it up.

I've always heard hydraulic was best so you did good!! Mine uses an electric motor to drive the hydraulic pump. Probably the only advantage over yours is not having to run an air source even though I do have the power hard wired. Since my lift is recessed into the floor and not mobile either way would have worked well. :xszpv::xszpv:

I've always heard hydraulic was best so you did good!! Mine uses an electric motor to drive the hydraulic pump. Probably the only advantage over yours is not having to run an air source even though I do have the power hard wired. Since my lift is recessed into the floor and not mobile either way would have worked well. :xszpv::xszpv:

Your lift recessed in the floor is nice, I would like to do mine that way. I'll have to get my lift home and see how it fits in the garage, when I built the garage I made it 24' x 30', should have made it bigger.

I hope I have a lift that will transition from the bike I now use to a trike when I get it converted. I got a Weaver® W-1500 Hi-Rise.

This is how it comes so you need a way to lift it right off the bat.

b_081842.jpg

This is put together(which isn't much) and put to work with my bike on it. I may have to add a 6 to 8 inch plate to fully support a trike rear-end but that's easy enough. Weight-wise the unit will handle it which was my primary concern.

b_005128.jpg

A person might be better off spending just a few hundred dollars more and getting a car lift which has several adjustments for places to lift a trike. I'd like to see if one of these could do the job but I truly think it would and you would be able to use it for so much more. I can see just one additional plate required to link the two front lift points to one that bridges the two. But that's it. Now look how easy it would be to work on all your vehicles. I simply had no idea car lifts could be had for this price or I would have gone this route and figured out a way to use it to lift my bike. I know I could have done it. Something to think about if you haven't already gone down the route of motorcycle lifts. Do your homework because I just stumbled onto car lifts as an option. There maybe some that already have trike options or even bike options. I could just see I could have done better but too late for me now.

XH-ES-9KBP-02.jpg

Elite KBP

I understand what you are saying about a car lift having more uses, but I don't want to try and work around the posts. I have a friend that has a 2 post lift like you pictured, he bought a trike lift because he was always reaching around the arms & posts. I use his 2 post if I need to get under my Silverado or under the '65 Impala.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png