better head lights

Jan 11, 2009
clinton arkansas
i was talking to nick at thorougbred today and i ask him if he had seen any better lighting on the stallion.he told me he saw two bikes with round car lights mounted in the air inlet at the lower back of the trike. he did not say how they were mounted but said they looked good, nor how they were wired in. has anyone seen this setup and if so could would you email me at kookie@artelco.com or better yet call me at 501-592-2693 chuck nipper:eek:

I have not see car lights there, but it would be easy to do.

Several of us have mounted Hyper Lights, as they are really super bright LED and as such do not tax the electrical system, plus they can be glued in place and the wire fits through the air screen so not cutting. Wire in a switch and you're done.

The Hyper light is brighter and a different color so it sets the stallion off in the daylight. With their own switch you can turn them off at night if they bother anyone.

Hyperlites Flashing led motorcycle brake lights, runing lights, and turn signals, Standard Dual Function

I have not see car lights there, but it would be easy to do.

Several of us have mounted Hyper Lights, as they are really super bright LED and as such do not tax the electrical system, plus they can be glued in place and the wire fits through the air screen so not cutting. Wire in a switch and you're done.

The Hyper light is brighter and a different color so it sets the stallion off in the daylight. With their own switch you can turn them off at night if they bother anyone.

Hyperlites Flashing led motorcycle brake lights, runing lights, and turn signals, Standard Dual Function

Here is a better solution than the hyperlight.
Glenda Motorcycle Light Kit
I have seen this light mounted on some of my friends Multistrada's. It is very energy effficent and it realy puts out the light!

I bought a set of running lights for under $20 and wired them into the Stallion, they are 55 watt each and I wired them so they only work with the high beam, will not work with the low beam because the original up front fog lights only work with low beam.
by doing it this way when I have low beam on and the fog lights I have 3 lights on.
when I have high beam and the new lights on I have 4 lights on because low beam is always on.
wiring them up was very easy, I used a relay which is the only way I hook anything up.
when you raise the hood you will see wires on the left side running to the head lights,
in the middle of that wiring harness is a jack and plug with 3 connections on it to the head lights. on mine the bottom of the three connections is hight beam, if the plug is turned around on another Stallion it could be the top connection.
I ran a wire from there to a on/off switch to the relay coil, from the other side of the relay coil to ground, this way if the switch is on and the high beam is on it will pull the relay, if both conditions are NOT met the relay will NOT pull.
the 2 new lights to a single wire to one side of the switch on the relay and to +12 on the other side of the switch on the relay so if the relay pulls the lights come on.
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/DSCF0020.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/DSCF0019.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/red-blue-silver-devil/DSCF0021.jpg

if you have the ABS plastic body there is a frame below the running board about 6 inches in front of the lights, one for the left side and one for the right side.
I made 2 "L" shaped brackets where one end is bolted to the lights and the other end is bolted to the frame mentioned above.

That gives a nice appearance, day or night. My bro-in-law in Iowa did the same and says how well it lights up the side of the road at night.

I found that the correct way to aim the new lights is to follow the curve of the body part just above the wire mesh where the lights are placed.
right now the right one is aimed that way and lights up the road and the right side off the road.
the left one is aimed straight ahead and does not light up the left side very well, does good job of straight ahead but not to the side so it will be aimed as the other one and therefor turned to the left a little.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png