Hello everyone, Newbie here

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and Goldwing's in general, bought a 2003 GL1800 in March of this year and now I want to trike it out.

Am looking at a Champion Kit and doing it myself in the spring next year.

I have two sidecars (1986 GL1200 Interstate with a Formula II) and a 1982 R100RT BMW with a squire) so thinking it won't be a big transition to trike. Getting older and the GL1800 is really heavy, at least with three wheels it won't fall over.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim,

and :welcome: to Trike Talk from South Florida.:wave:

Good luck on your trike conversion.ThumbUp

So you have 6 motorcycles. That's impressive.ThumbUp

Welcome to the group stop by often and keep us posted on the build on the trike interesting rides you have when you figure it out post a few pictures we lke pictures. :D ride safe Fred

Welcome aboard Jim Champion is a good conversion for DIY people. And with sidecar experience the trike will be a snap.

Welcome from Springfield, Massachusetts.................

My first season on a trike also.........Love it, will never go back to a two wheeler either......:clapping:

Ronnie

Welcome from SW Missouri. We have a 2004 Wing with a 2006 Champion solid axle kit. Good quality kit, from the installation instructions online it looks like there is very little modification to the OEM frame to convert to a trike.

Had a hack on my Harley before the trike. They are quite a bit alike, but completely different at the same time. A trike doesn't pull when you start, push when you brake, do the turning weirdness (no flying the chair) and sticks out on both sides. Most of the sidecar skills are helpful transitioning to a trike. Trikes also handle better than a sidecar rig, they are more balanced side to side.

Should be a fun build.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png