Any other Hannigan trike owners here?

I have a lehman now but thinking about going to a Hannigan. Still trying to find the best ride on all types of roads!

If ride, handling, simplicity of design, serviceability, luggage space, etc. are things that you value I recommend that you test ride a Hannigan. Most of the above can be said of other brands as well. :)

To be quite truthful, I have a Buddy looking to install a Hannigan on his 2005 Harley Ultra, he was looking for feedback on it. He lives in MA. but no computer. So he can't access this board. (told him he's missing out.)Has dealer within couple of hours. Any info I'll pass on to him. I tried the DFT, I liked the smoothie, Wife wanted to retain our TourPack though, and the trunk cap. on that kit was only 1.0 cu.ft. thats not too much. On the other hand the smoothie had all kinds of storage. I myself will be installing the Champion, & keeping peace......ô¿ô

DFT make one that retains the tour pack. What model are you triking?
1 cubic foot..hard toooo believe.. gona look it up I have all the Pamphlets

John: I'm putting the kit on a 04 Ultra, I know what you mean when you say it's hard to believe that the storage space is that small. I checked it out & I even when to their webpage to see if they changed things this year. I guess the Honda's have a bigger storage compartment.

I just saw pictures of it. The space is a lot larger than the 2 saddle bags you now have, also a bigger Item will fit in it than could squeeze in a saddle bag. Looks bigger than it says ( 1.8 CF ) BTW.
If i had your e-mail i could maybe send a photo of the trunk

Last edited:
John:I do have pictures of the trunk, I also have seen one of those kits at the DFT dealer, and they are real small on a Harley kit, on the other hand the smoothy has around 9.0 cu.ft. of storage.

Connie: I have a Hannigan kit on my 2004 Ultra, I also have the Aqua shields installed on my Trike. I did alot of checking around before I did mine & chose the Hannigan kit. I really like my set-up. I'm sure the other mfgs. are nice kits, but it's up to the individual to make that choice and also have a reliable installer to work with. What part of the country are you from, and who is doing the install....

Connie: I have a Hannigan kit on my 2004 Ultra, I also have the Aqua shields installed on my Trike. I did alot of checking around before I did mine & chose the Hannigan kit. I really like my set-up. I'm sure the other mfgs. are nice kits, but it's up to the individual to make that choice and also have a reliable installer to work with. What part of the country are you from, and who is doing the install....

Hey Tis..

I have been looking for someone that would trike my Vulcan and the only folks I found was Hannigan. I live in northern VA. Although Hannigan is in Kentucky, the closet installer is in PA. It is about a 4 hour ride for me to take my bike and then pick it back up. But I am looking forward to getting it completed. I should have it by the end of March. What are Aqua Shields..??

Connie

Aqua Shields are the running boards, they were just made available for the Harleys this past year. I believe my Harley may of been one of the first Trikes to put them on. They finish of the look I believe, again it is a personal preference. You can go into the Garage section and see my Trike & see what I mean. Will be looking forward to seeing pictures of your Trike....Tis

Hey Connie, let me know how the Hannigan works out, it's on my short list for my older Kawasaki. I'm new to this site but have been 2 wheelin all my life.

Don

I finally did get my trike. It came out great. I had them install a tour pac on the back. Then I added the wrap around back rest. I am in the process of getting a fairing and hard lowers. Have them on order. When it is all together I will post pictures..

It sounds wonderful, bearwitme! Congratulations :)

Hi , we just picked ours up last month , its a Hannigan on our Harley Ultra Classic , so far it seems to great , lots of compliments on it . color matches perfect ! We just got the bike back last week , it was fixedunder warranty , rear hub sheared , rear belt pully damaged , but all covered by Hannigan :yay:.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png