Home Built Subaru Trike

Sorry to hear about the wreck man.

I know how that sucks

I ended up wrecking the other day myself.

A car was passing on a curve and in my lane. It was either go head on with the car or take the ditch

I ended up in the ditch.

Bent my steering a little, will try to fix it this weekend

Im still riding though just have to compensate for the steering being off to the right a little

Sorry to hear about the wreck man.

I know how that sucks

I ended up wrecking the other day myself.

A car was passing on a curve and in my lane. It was either go head on with the car or take the ditch

I ended up in the ditch.

Bent my steering a little, will try to fix it this weekend

Im still riding though just have to compensate for the steering being off to the right a little

Hi Fowler. I am glad you got out your situation without major injuries. Material things can always be replaced or repaired. One thing about riding bikes and trikes, you have to pay attention 110 % of the time to everything around you (which I didn't do this time)!! Hope your repairs go smoothly.

Greg, Sorry to read about your "mishap".

You may have already discovered this, but after looking at your video it appears the rear you are running is IRS, (independent), meaning it's going to be 1968 up vs 1964 (swing axle), that would not have CV type axles.

Good luck on your recovery & trike repairs.

Greg, Sorry to read about your "mishap".

You may have already discovered this, but after looking at your video it appears the rear you are running is IRS, (independent), meaning it's going to be 1968 up vs 1964 (swing axle), that would not have CV type axles.

Good luck on your recovery & trike repairs.

Hi Peteg59. You are correct. The trike is titled as a 1964 but does have a 68 up transaxle in it that does have replaceable axles with cv joints.

Time For A Change

Hi all. Well it is time for me to end my trike experiment. About a week after the incident I started getting severe ankle pain so severe the I could barely walk. This has been going on for over 3 weeks now. It comes and goes and is on both ankles. `Today I received the insurance check for the damages so I am going to sell the trike at a discounted rate as is and get myself back healthy. As I mentioned in a previous post, at my age (60+) healing takes a lot longer than it used to. I just wanted to thank all of you wonderful people for all the help & advice ya'll gave me over the time I have been on this site. I hope the best for anyone that may be in (or was in) the path of Hurricane Florence. My prayers are with you !! Greg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png