Voyager Trike Kit | Recent Installations

MTC Voyager

Sponsor - MTC Voyager
Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa, IL, USA
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post pics of our recent installations. A huge thanks to our customers who decided to make their bikes look this good! Not always easy to get such picturesque opportunities.

If you're in Illinois... GET OUT AND RIDE! It's too beautiful not to on such a perfect day in late November.

Here's a 2003 Honda GL1800 with the Voyager Classic:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here's a 2012 Harley-Davidson FLH-series with a Voyager Classic:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Here's a 2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic with a Voyager Custom:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

WOW, Austin, I have to say that the new MTC Voyager kits for the Gl1800s and Harleys are most impressive. ThumbUp

Those are great photos of the finished product. The kits are truly an eye catcher with great body lines.

:goodjob:

By the way, are the kits a recent new design?

We're glad you like our style! The Voyager Classic style (with the rear body cover) has been around for just over a decade. The newest addition to the Voyager cosmetics are the fiberglass fender options. You can see the Rounded fender on the Kawasaki, the Flared fender on the Honda and Harley, and there's an addition Ridged fender option, as you can see in the images below:

Here's a Triumph Rocket III with the Voyager Custom (Ridged fenders):

Triumph Rocket III Custom PTM Light Blue Dark Blue Ridged Fender 15 in Mach Face 2.JPGTriumph Rocket III Custom PTM Light Blue Dark Blue Ridged Fender 15 in Mach Face 3.JPGTriumph Rocket III Custom PTM Light Blue Dark Blue Ridged Fender 15 in Mach Face 8.JPGTriumph Rocket III Custom PTM Light Blue Dark Blue Ridged Fender 15 in Mach Face 11.JPG

I like the looks of the new units, they've really changed. On my GL1500 Goldwing I had one of the older units with the dual shocks. Very nice.

Hey Val,

Do you have any photos of your older unit by chance?

It would be neat to compare the two for the technological enhancements.:D

ThanksThumbUp

Hey Val,

Do you have any photos of your older unit by chance?

It would be neat to compare the two for the technological enhancements.:D

ThanksThumbUp

Yes. I believe this is a second generation.

Attachments

• user4513_pic1033_1349315208.jpg
    user4513_pic1033_1349315208.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 706
  • user4513_pic1032_1349315126.jpg
    user4513_pic1032_1349315126.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 533
last pic

on the last picture it looks like shocks are on outside of frame. Has anyone just left shocks off of an old kit I just removed a leaf spring from each side to make it less stiff

Problems with voyager trike conversion

I purchased a used bike a 2001 Harley Road King with a voyager trike kit installed. I had no installation instructions but found videos on U-tube quite handy. The kit does exactly what is supposed to do.

The problem that I found was were the kit slides into the bracket that is attached to the lower shock mounts it was coming loose, allowing the kit to come out of the mount. Of course this changed the pre-load.

I modified the bracket so that it wasn't able to move or come loose. Then noticed that the bolt that it slides on was waring away and making the bracket that slides onto it was getting larger.

I wrote a letter to voyager and sent pictures of it but got no response. I would like installation instructions for this kit so I can tell if the design is wrong or the person who installed it did it wrong.

I since fixed that problem too. The kit works much better and doesn't require constant reset of preload or grease. Anyone else have these problems?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png