Handlebars - Too short for my Tri Glide

Oct 2, 2017
Houston
Hello! I’m 5’6” and need my grips closer to me. I’m just at 1000 miles and love it, but see from your posts that changing my bars may help a lot.

The Sweeper 2+2s seem to be very popular, but I’d like to avoid rewiring if possible.

Has anybody changed their handlebars to the HD Batwing Reach bars? Did they help?

If not and you’ve needed your bars closer to you, what did you change to?

I thank you for all the help the forum has provided and any comments or suggestions you may have on this.. Enjoy and be safe! :)

Hi Michelle and welcome to Trike Talk :D

A few months ago I changed out my stock bars for the Harley Batwing Reach Bars. They definitely helped. I was having to lean way forward in turns with the stock bars. No more :clapping: I'm so much more comfortable now. I'm about the same height as you.

Good luck with your search.

Batwing Reach Handlebars

Hi Michelle and welcome to Trike Talk :D

A few months ago I changed out my stock bars for the Harley Batwing Reach Bars. They definitely helped. I was having to lean way forward in turns with the stock bars. No more :clapping: I'm so much more comfortable now. I'm about the same height as you.

Good luck with your search.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for your reply. The one thing that confuses me on the description of the those bars is it says it brings the bars closer, narrower AND LOWER. Lower than the way they sit now? That doesn’t sound good. Did you experience that at all? Thanks again.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for your reply. The one thing that confuses me on the description of the those bars is it says it brings the bars closer, narrower AND LOWER. Lower than the way they sit now? That doesn’t sound good. Did you experience that at all? Thanks again.

They are slightly lower. It doesn't bother me though. I love these bars. They definitely improved my Triglides handling.

Here is a pic of the stock bars from the side....

image.jpeg

....and here is one of the Batwing Reach Bars from the side....

image.jpeg

I hope this helps :Santa:

2+2 wide sweepers

These resolved my back and neck aches may not work for you but they really are nice for me. 2" up and 2" back and close to 4" wider like power steering. DSC00124.JPGDSC00132.JPGDSC00137.JPGDSC00268.JPGDSC00552.JPGDSC00554.JPG

Hi Michelle,

Run down to your dealer

Most have a seat and handle bar set up so you can try different set ups

Seems to me most trikes you can get by with up to 4 inches of height and or pull back with out any major changes

Welcome to Trike Talk

Thank you everyone. Sweepers are sweeping the poll!

Arnie - you’ve had both and good to know you prefer the sweepers. I was originally going with those. Do you mind me asking if my height of 5’ 6” is a quite a bit shorter then yours? Just to get a reference.

i like the idea of my dealership having ways to have test setups, but I guess they don’t have it at mine. Or they didn’t offer.

It’s now snowing in Texas! I guess I won’t be riding anytime soon. Well it’s Texas, I could be riding next week in 80* weather! :AllGood:

I'm 5'8". The 2+2 sweepers helped cure my sore shoulders & neck issues. When on trips I can ride 8+ hrs with no problems at all.

Not snowing here, but only 20deg. Enjoy tour your Texas riding!

Another vote for 2+2s

These are the narrow ones, about the same width as the ones I took off. I'm 5'8" with a 29" inseam.

I've since rotated them up, more toward the windshield.

KIMG0089.jpg

KIMG0068.jpg

Arnie - you’ve had both and good to know you prefer the sweepers. I was originally going with those. Do you mind me asking if my height of 5’ 6” is a quite a bit shorter then yours? Just to get a reference.

i like the idea of my dealership having ways to have test setups, but I guess they don’t have it at mine. Or they didn’t offer.

It’s now snowing in Texas! I guess I won’t be riding anytime soon. Well it’s Texas, I could be riding next week in 80* weather! :AllGood:

Sit on your bike, put your arms where you feel comfortable, NOW the tricky part

Have someone snap a picture

You can see your posture now and get an idea of how much change you need

You can now also measure your bars to see what the difference is This may help in you choosing new bars

I have a '17 T G Ultra, and had the same problem. I replaced the stock bars with the 2 + 2 bars. There was no rewiring required. All the stock hoses, throttle, and wires fit just right, with no exceptions. It really does feel like "power steering" as said on some other post. I did it my self, in about 1.5 hours, it is really easy to do.:clapping::):Santa:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png