Getting access to battery

56chevy

Reaction score
Went out to crank trike and all it would do is click. Been reading on Indian bike forums that the easiest way to get to battery is to remove trunk and then seat. Saw that you can take off seat without removing the trunk. What I read was to pry out the lighter plug in the trunk and the seat bolt is right under it. I have a Hannigan kit and I really don't want to take off the trunk. My plan is to get to the battery do whatever it needs charge or replace and attach some tender leads. I have to give a shout out to Hannigan in Murray Ky. they were great. Will post some pictures soon.

Went out to crank trike and all it would do is click. Been reading on Indian bike forums that the easiest way to get to battery is to remove trunk and then seat. Saw that you can take off seat without removing the trunk. What I read was to pry out the lighter plug in the trunk and the seat bolt is right under it. I have a Hannigan kit and I really don't want to take off the trunk. My plan is to get to the battery do whatever it needs charge or replace and attach some tender leads. I have to give a shout out to Hannigan in Murray Ky. they were great. Will post some pictures soon.

On a Roadmaster bike, removing the accessory plug isn't that difficult. In fact it gets easier the more you have to do it. But I no idea why you would need to get to the fender screw on a Hannigan. That screw is left off by many anyway as it really isn't needed. The two huge bolts behind the side panels is plenty good enough to hole the seat on. I would think the fender would be removed with any conversion so the little screw would not be used. Is that not true? I don't have a trike YET but will be forced to one soon. And Hannigan is on my short list of conversions.

On a Roadmaster bike, removing the accessory plug isn't that difficult. In fact it gets easier the more you have to do it. But I no idea why you would need to get to the fender screw on a Hannigan. That screw is left off by many anyway as it really isn't needed. The two huge bolts behind the side panels is plenty good enough to hole the seat on. I would think the fender would be removed with any conversion so the little screw would not be used. Is that not true? I don't have a trike YET but will be forced to one soon. And Hannigan is on my short list of conversions.

I'm confused now :OP posted about SEAT bolt, no mention of Fender screw! Did I miss something:confused:

I'm confused now :OP posted about SEAT bolt, no mention of Fender screw! Did I miss something:confused:

That's because there probably isn't one any longer. The fender is removed so goes the need for fender screw. That was my point. Why would you need to remove the accessory plug. The 2 side bolts should be all you need to remove but someone with a Hannigan or has installed one would have to confirm that. I just know I've left mine off as it really isn't needed anyway, on my bike.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png