What to expect from a Stage 2 upgrade?

Oct 24, 2016
New York
My earlier post on Stage 2 woes mentioned that I am considering a Stage 2 with the low/mid rpm range cams. What should I expect as far performance, gas mileage, etc. I already have a Stage 1 with the usual air filter and exhaust change, as well as the remap; done at the dealer. The more I know about the Stage 2, the more knowledgable questions I can ask them about it.

My earlier post on Stage 2 woes mentioned that I am considering a Stage 2 with the low/mid rpm range cams. What should I expect as far performance, gas mileage, etc. I already have a Stage 1 with the usual air filter and exhaust change, as well as the remap; done at the dealer. The more I know about the Stage 2, the more knowledgable questions I can ask them about it.

And, what is the difference between the cam options and their advantages/disadvantages?

Here is my honest opinion.. I had a 2013 Triglide and went all the way to a stage 4 I noticed some difference but to be honest it was biggest waste of money ever,, Wished I had just dropped new motor in,, But now I have the 2017 and that engine is stronger then my stage 4 .. I dont plan on changing that at all

If your trike is a 103 i would run a TTS 100 or a Woods 222 and i'm sure there are others,but these two both have great low end torque,if its an M8 i would run the Woods 222. SE cams are ok i just feel there are better options out there.

Cannot tell exactly what year trike you have but if it is under Harley factory warranty or an Extended Service Plan and either of those are important to you be cautious of using aftermarket parts. H-D and ESP have gotten much more aggressive in denying claims for power train failures if any of the parts are not theirs.

I know you are looking at a Stage II...but before you spend that $....

Not all Stage I's are the same. In fact, there are huge differences between a typical Stage I and a Performance oriented Stage I.

Because of a variety of reasons, not the least of which is warranty/repair issues, on most of our bikes we stop at a Performance Plus Stage I.

95% of the time our Performance Plus Stage I bikes/trikes out-perform Stage II's, and many times they keep up with, or are very close to a Stage IV bike/trike in power & torque.

There are a lot of little things that you can do, that will give you better rideable power on your 2015 Tri-Glide, than if you put some cams on top of your usual Stage I.

Here are a couple of links to reports with that info-

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/overview-of-stage-i-upgrades-dk-stg-i-faq.htm

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/sleeper-performance-mods.htm

TGWheelie2_zps2ec9ad25.jpg

Kevin

IMO, Kevin's lay out is the riders choice

Nothing internal has changed so the MOCO cannot fudge you when warranty work is needed ,You can easily put your stock air box back on and take your PV tuner off before taking your bike in for repairs JMO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png