• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

CSC Owners Forum: Post Your CSC Pics

Wondering if this is a stock Indian color? I'm thinking not..never seen one that color.

This is copied from a press release dated 7/14/2014. It could have been special order, not featured.

The cool new two-tone Chief Classic, Chief Vintage and Chieftain will be on-display and available for demo rides during the upcoming 74th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, running August 2 – 9 in Sturgis, South Dakota and will be available on dealer floors in the fall of 2015. **Featured Two-Tone Colors for 2015 are: **

• The 2015 Indian Chief Classic available in Indian Motorcycle Red/ Thunder Black. (Also available in solid Indian Motorcycle Red)
  • The 2015 Indian Chief Vintage available in Indian Motorcycle Red/ Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red/ Ivory Cream, and Willow Green/ Ivory Cream. (Also available in solid Indian Motorcycle Red and solid Thunder Black)
  • The 2015 Indian Chieftain available in Indian Motorcycle Red/ Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red/ Ivory Cream, and Springfield Blue/ Ivory Cream. (Also available in solid Indian Motorcycle Red and solid Thunder Black)

Atlas Honda's recent CSC Encore build

b3301c15-e64e-4452-8dad-4ec69d8bb103.png

Indian custom bike program

Wondering if this is a stock Indian color? I'm thinking not..never seen one that color.

It's mine. Indian had (maybe still does?) an arrangement where a dealer could purchase the bike in white primer and then they would do the final finish and assembly.

I bought the bike new from Indian of Racine (Wisconsin) The Owner is Mario Porcaro 262-429-9300

Mario does 5 custom painted bikes per year. He buys them from the factory in primer and does the final assembly at his shop in Racine.

In my case Mario hired Shepard Design in Kenosha WI 262-657-8005 to do the paintwork. Mario says he has since moved on to use a slightly larger shop.

Mario was able to find the invoice Shepard gave him for painting my bike. On the rear of the invoice the following notes are written.

PPG Color “A” #7792 We learned later that this is PPG Sunset Orange Metallic (over a pearl white basecoat)

Color “B” #8060 This equated to PPG 80600 which was used one year on a 1953 Hudson.

FWIW here is a link we used to research and verify the information we received. http://paintref.com

We sent the information we received down to CSC and they did the match at their end. As you can see from the photos CSC did a great job on the match as well as all of their workmanship.

Stunningly beautiful

So retro looking, I love the curves of the rear side view. Looks like a French car from the 1930's.

Beautiful trike, considering trading for a 2018/2019 with a trike conversion. CSC is one I'm seriously looking at. How has it been with this trike so far?

Other than the decreased mileage, it’s a blast! Taking 40 mph curves at 60 is too much fun!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png