Mikuni Carb

Rickus Dickus

Reaction score
As I was working on my Ural today, I came across two extra 26mm Mikuni carbs for it. Does anyone know if they would work on the VW engine? If one would be sufficient for two cylinders, I'm thinking on getting two dual intake manifolds fabricated for them. Just one idea I'm pondering. More questions will arise, I promise.. Oh yea, pictures of the build will follow too.

I had 4 Mikuni carb on my Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe. They worked quite well for it. However, it was only an 80 square inch 4 cylinder engine.

YMMV

Mikuni Carbs

So as I see it, I could get two additional 26mm Mikuni Carbs and put one on each cylinder or purchase two 50mm carbs and install one on each side? One per cylinder would require a bit fancier linkage but I could overcome that. One carb per side is easier to link and I know how to balance them as I do that on my Ural already.

Four carburetors would look pretty interesting. More thinking to do. More thinking...................:(

Not looking for hot rod performance, believe me. The bikes owner should not be allowed to drive ANY motor vehicle!!!! I DO NOT ride with him...

I have seen it done.

There is no guide to the jetting. If you ain't scared of the tuning aspect of it then go for it.

I hope they have accelerator pumps.

It should work

Last time I posted here was before I built my trike! Been a while!

I have a 1776 VW that I'm running a Keihin CV 40mm on ( just a single carb) and it does the job just fine.

I think you'll be fine- a 1600 VW is 99 cu in (referring to the Square Four comment), original carb for a 1600 was a 34mm Solex. You should be just fine.

My $.02

Carb's

Placed them in the box of parts I'm getting together for the trike. Box of ideas!! Since it is raining hard I'll probably take the engine apart today.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png