Volt Meter

Tony8

60+ Posts
Nov 29, 2017
Avon,Ohio USA
I have a 2016 gl1800 Goldwing with a CSC trike kit. Has anyone installed a Volt Meter on their bike, and if so where did you mount it?

I would like to install one but I am looking for suggestions on where to put it.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Tony

I have a few different size digital and analog meters Ive tried.

The best spot on my bike for a large depth say 2 inches deep or about has been on the right lower side black dash panel. Just below the flip open lockable door. Next to the key cylinder. My cigarette lighter is there now. If you have the radio/gps stuff on these panels your screwed somewhat.

Just make sure you don't hit the radiator support.

If using a digital thin type display.

Get the OEM Honda or similar sized gauge and mount it on the left side panel below the unlocked flipped cargo pocket. Or next to the flasher switch.

Unfortunately with the squared off handle bars not much you can do.

I'm leaning towards putting it next to the lock on the right as shown in the picture by sgmdudley. Thanks all.

Tony

Like me my battery bug. I wish I could get one for another of my bikes, but they haven't been available for a while as they don't make them anymore. Might be able to find one on eBay once in a while, but I haven't seen the motorcycle specific one for a few years.

I mounted it just below the fuel door above the radio controls on our 2004 GL1800 with industrial strength velcro. It is easy to see without looking away from the road too far. Pretty much any surface mount voltmeter would mount easily there. On that blank panel next to the lock works well for flush mount units that need some room behind the mounting surface. I used that space for a coaxial electrical port for heated gear and a few switches.

battery bug.jpg

battery bug

Like me my battery bug. I wish I could get one for another of my bikes, but they haven't been available for a while as they don't make them anymore. Might be able to find one on eBay once in a while, but I haven't seen the motorcycle specific one for a few years.

I mounted it just below the fuel door above the radio controls on our 2004 GL1800 with industrial strength velcro. It is easy to see without looking away from the road too far. Pretty much surface mount voltmeter would mount easily there. On that blank panel next to the lock works well for flush mount units that need some room behind the mounting surface. I used that space for a coaxial electrical port for heated gear and a few switches.

View attachment 52783
try amazon

The company that manufactured the battery bugs lost a lawsuit against a competing company about the technology and that's why the manufacturing of them ceased some years ago.

Yes theyre still out there.You will also find at one time there was a quality issue with the manufacture of them so whatever you purchase make sure theyre reputable and you can get a full refund and they pay shipping if theres an issue. With this product you pays your money and you take your chances.

battery bug

Yes theyre still out there.You will also find at one time there was a quality issue with the manufacture of them so whatever you purchase make sure theyre reputable and you can get a full refund and they pay shipping if theres an issue. With this product you pays your money and you take your chances.

have 3 have not had a problem with any. got from ebay n amazon

have 3 of them , no problems with any.got from ebay n amazon

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png