Line X on running boards ?

I wanted a rubberized protection on my fenders.

My painter took me to look at a Jeep they were building and showed me the rubberized undercoating they used.

It dries but is still rubbery on the surface.

He said if I didn't like it they would just wash it off. "What ??" with soap and water ????

No, they have a solvent just for it that washes it off without damaging underneath. COOL !!!

View attachment 52957

Just out of curiosity, how many miles have you ridden your trike since you had this coating applied and how long have you had it on your trike? If this picture was taken soon after it was applied, does it look this good today?

I wanted a rubberized protection on my fenders.

My painter took me to look at a Jeep they were building and showed me the rubberized undercoating they used.

It dries but is still rubbery on the surface.

He said if I didn't like it they would just wash it off. "What ??" with soap and water ????

No, they have a solvent just for it that washes it off without damaging underneath. COOL !!!

View attachment 52957

Absolutely gorgeous wheels.

:D I almost suggested that. Didn't because it is messy.

I used a undercoating gun to spray it.

I tried wearing a Tyvec suit while doing it but that did not help

I am very hairy and had black rubber stuff suck to me all over.

It sucked

Just out of curiosity, how many miles have you ridden your trike since you had this coating applied and how long have you had it on your trike? If this picture was taken soon after it was applied, does it look this good today?

Well, I finished assembling it Wednesday, December 27,2017.

It was 25 degrees outside Wednesday, 22 degrees Thursday and 20 degrees Friday. I looked out the window and we have snow and 20 degrees. It is sitting in my warm showroom waiting .....

It is supposed to be undercoating so the looks after time will tell how well it holds up. I liked it because of the flat finishing.

Well, I finished assembling it Wednesday, December 27,2017.

It was 25 degrees outside Wednesday, 22 degrees Thursday and 20 degrees Friday. I looked out the window and we have snow and 20 degrees. It is sitting in my warm showroom waiting .....

It is supposed to be undercoating so the looks after time will tell how well it holds up. I liked it because of the flat finishing.

Hey Lee.. If the undercoating doesn't prove durable enough, I believe Line-X does have a mat finish product. My dealer specifically talked about using the "Premium" coating so it would be shinny.

love the side boards w/ rhino lining

Hello,

I just got my first trike a couple of weeks ago, newbie here too, posted in introduce yourself (Howdy from San Angelo Texas).

I was asking and checking around about need to protect the fenders, and came to a post on Rhino Lining.

Here I see your beautiful trike with the Rhino lining not only on the fenders, but also on some running boards. Just fantastic!ThumbUp

Thanks for posting,

David Hilton Ret. USN ETC/SS

:Agree:

My Line-X guy guaranteed it would still be there whenever I sold the trike. I told him I was going to wear this one out and he again said it would still be there. Looks Great and have zero chips since getting the fenders and running boards coated.

View attachment 52902

line-x spray

:Agree:

My Line-X guy guaranteed it would still be there whenever I sold the trike. I told him I was going to wear this one out and he again said it would still be there. Looks Great and have zero chips since getting the fenders and running boards coated.

View attachment 52902

Stopped at my local line-x dealer for a quote to do this on my CSC hond Goldwing trike - wanted to do the running boards - part of fenders then taper off, quoted $852.00 not sure but that seems too high for me right now. What was your cost??

I did our trike's fenders as "fender bras" (cut out and fitted to lights) and our trailer's top where paint was bad with a thick adhesive backed deeply grained vinyl product that is used for traction on steps, tops of utility trailer fenders, even step bumpers I guess. I'll leave it on the trike fenders as it's still looking good (IMHO) and shows no impacts, but I'd still like to Line-X the trailers top so no seams will present. I tried to fit it and used heat gun, but still, they show? Looks OK cleaned.

I have Line-X in my red pickup's bed, it's tough stuff. If / when I get the trailer top done, I'd just remove the bar (put plastic screws in mount holes to make remount easy), mask off the latches, have them do whole top as if just opened it and cover lower box with paper to guard overspray. I'd add a center mount brake light afterwards.

Attachments

• 11-08-15 Fender Bra and seat.jpg
    11-08-15 Fender Bra and seat.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 140
  • blk top on ours (6).jpg
    blk top on ours (6).jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IM008517 800w.JPG
    IM008517 800w.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 146

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png