Line X on running boards ?

6adan

Jun 4, 2017
Florence, Alabama, U. S. A.
I have a Roadsmith trike and have some chips and scratches on the running boards that I wanted to have bed liner put on. I checked with Line X and Rhino lining and both said that there product would not stay on fiberglass. I have seen some pictures on here I thank that had some kind of coating on it. What could be used for something like this?

"Whether applied to metal, fiberglass, concrete, plastic, or wood, LINE-X can absorb impact and resist damage by remaining both flexible and strong, without losing adhesion."

"What many people don’t know is that because LINE-X is a spray-on protective coating, it can be applied to almost anything."

http://linexoffargo.com/linex-details.php?Category=Protective+Coatings&ID=3

Tell your Line-X man to read about his product :Shrug:

:Agree:

My Line-X guy guaranteed it would still be there whenever I sold the trike. I told him I was going to wear this one out and he again said it would still be there. Looks Great and have zero chips since getting the fenders and running boards coated.

Line-X 1.jpg

I gotta look into this, black on white might look really good. Thanks for posting. Never having to worry about a ding on those big fender sails is comforting.

Thanks everyone. Gold Rush that looks very good. Now I am wondering why the local place will not do them?

It might have something to do with never having done a trike before... They wouldn't want to botch the job and have to replace major body parts. My guy wrapped the entire trike when he did the fenders. I had removed the running boards so they could get to the lower fenders easier and also to make doing the boards easier. I've had them off a few times so it was no big deal...

If they don't feel comfortable I sure would not want them doing the job. Might be time to check for places in maybe Birmingham. :xszpv::xszpv:

You could jump on your trike, ride to San Angelo, Texas, book a room at the Clarion on Rio Concho Drive, have Jerry help you take off the running boards, have his Line X guy do the job, have Jerry help you put the trike back together, give him a little thank you gift, shake his hand, ride home.

Problem solved.

You could jump on your trike, ride to San Angelo, Texas, book a room at the Clarion on Rio Concho Drive, have Jerry help you take off the running boards, have his Line X guy do the job, have Jerry help you put the trike back together, give him a little thank you gift, shake his hand, ride home.

Problem solved.

Hey that is an option. Thanks Lola!! Sorry I didn't think of that one. As I recall the start to finish project took a couple days is all. I've been know to have visiting trikes here on occasion and my Wing hasn't gotten jealous yet. :D It takes a couple weeks lead time to get scheduled in for the Line-X job but that's not a big deal. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Have a friend that is the only local Line X dealer in the area. He is good with total line X on trucks, jeeps, etc. I am not sure about trikes, I will have to ask. Jim

I gotta look into this, black on white might look really good. Thanks for posting. Never having to worry about a ding on those big fender sails is comforting.

I have a 08 pearl white, just had my running boards done in silver color to match the frame. It looks great, hope it holds up as expected.

I talked to the Line-X dealer in Decatur Al. yesterday and he said he could do it. H said he did all kinds of fiberglass stuff so no problem I will just take it there. That trip to Texas would be nice.

I wanted a rubberized protection on my fenders.

My painter took me to look at a Jeep they were building and showed me the rubberized undercoating they used.

It dries but is still rubbery on the surface.

He said if I didn't like it they would just wash it off. "What ??" with soap and water ????

No, they have a solvent just for it that washes it off without damaging underneath. COOL !!!

my trike 32.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png