Vtx1800 ???

Reaction score
Still gathering Trike info. I would like to have reverse but really like the looks of the VTX. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has the CSC kit on a VTX 1800. Power, top end, handling, etc. Do you miss not having reverse? Pro & Cons.

Hi sporter, I'm not able to answer your exact question, but perhaps can give some input... I have a Harley Fat Boy with the Champion kit --- pretty much similar in size and appearance to the VTX with a kit. I am very petite, just 5' tall and about 110# and am doing fine without reverse. It is something I can add to this trike at any time, but as yet have not had the need. Put it in neutral and the trike rolls easily. Where there is a hill, I just make sure to position myself where I can roll back downhill out of my parking spot or I back into it so I can ride straight out.

Unless you have a bigger physical limitation than being very small, you shouldn't have any problem.

I don't believe CSC makes a kit for the VTX. Mine is Motor Trike, but I believe they are also made by Champion, Roadsmith, Tri-wing, and places like Mystery Designs. Most companies are oriented around the Goldwings and Harleys, (likely because they are the most popular). I also believe the VTX 1800 anyway, has enough power to satisfy just about anybody... I think the GL 1800 is about the only trike with more power...JMHO. Of course, the Goldwing is likely to be more comfortable to ride as it's based on touring, (therefore built more for long distance riding) whereas the VTX is really a cruiser. In my opinion however, v-twins have better leg room and position, but that is mostly a personal preferance. I don't find mine too hard to push around...reverse would be nice but isn't available. Before the conversion I rode mine all over the country, and still love it. The only downside of the VTX 1800 on two wheels is that it is top heavy, especially loaded down with luggage and passenger. I was having trouble holding it up, but as a trike it's no problem. A good thing about the VTX 1800 is that it has fuel injection, computerized ignition, water cooled, is very smooth running, (especially starting), etc., etc. I don't mean to offend anyone here,... this is my opinion only. Chumbly-;)

Still plenty of power after conversion. Don't have any trouble keeping up with the pack. Have even left a few in the twisties.
Even with hip pain I still don't miss reverse. Just more cautious where I park. Remember.....you can get off and push if you have to. :)

Did the conversion myself with help from a friend. Kit comes all assembled and ready to roll into position.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png