comfort lift kit

thank you, the steering is what feels the strangest. wants to push in the corners. we`re new to the trike so I need all the help I can get. have to adjust the shock and tire pressure to get the ride wright. some time the more you read the more confused you get.:xzqxz:

thank you, the steering is what feels the strangest. wants to push in the corners. we`re new to the trike so I need all the help I can get. have to adjust the shock and tire pressure to get the ride wright. some time the more you read the more confused you get.:xzqxz:

I can tell you from experience......Get the lift kit you will not regret it...ThumbUp

Donn53,

I agree. I am only one of the many trikers with a lift kit added. The stock trike wants to 'plow' to the outside when cornering. It's called understeer. Meaning, for the amount of action you place on a vehicle, in this case the trike, into a corner, the said vehicle is less responsive. The lift kit by DK Customs is worth the $ and as an added result reduces that 'plowing'.

I have had the DK Customs comfort lift kit on my 2015 Freewheeler for over two years. I am always a little skeptical of claims by people of how great products are and what they do but the comfort lift kit did exactly what it was touted to do. The trike sits level and rides and steers significantly better than stock. It is well worth the money and you can do the installation yourself with the provided instructions.

Sunman

Tire press, 22 rear, 35 front, Shock press, 10 for 1 up 15-20 for 2 up, lift kit with tour pac lift , PRICELESS! :clapping: The ride is not as smooth as a two wheeler. It’s just the nature of the beast :Dorag:

Tire press, 22 rear, 35 front, Shock press, 10 for 1 up 15-20 for 2 up, lift kit with tour pac lift , PRICELESS! :clapping: The ride is not as smooth as a two wheeler. It’s just the nature of the beast :Dorag:

This ............ Now if it would just warm up so I could ride. :laugh:

has anyone installed a rear lift kit on their TG ? if so please share info. anything would be appreciated.:xzqxz:

If you are coming from 2 wheels, the steering on the Tri-Glide feels very different. It steers more like an ATV.

Most folks get very comfortable with it within less than 1000 miles. Just take it easy, and you'll get some new muscle memory for the way it steers.

Sometimes riding in a big empty parking lot, doing figure 8's and emergency stops can really build confidence in it quickly.

Once you get the feel for it, you'll see that they can out handle a HD 2 wheeler in the twisties. :)

Here's a vid to see how well they handle/how stable they are.

Comfort Lift™ LINK

Kevin

At the local Harley shop today I had to explain to a new Tri Glide owner that one of the primary reasons my '17 sat higher at the rear and not only turned better but rode better was because of DK's Comfort Lift kit. The service writer even mentioned that they have installed several of the kits. All it takes is a short ride and one can tell the difference.

Besides lifting the ass end, it will now require less effort to steer it. That's what MikeyTX means by "lighter". You'll notice that right away. Just by lifting up the rear that little bit, it changes the fork angle to the ground, reduces the trail by a fraction of an inch. Hence, easier steer. You won't regret it! I was fighting "mechanics elbow", similar to tennis elbow, one reason I did it. I could hardly pull on the clutch. I also got the Clutch Whiz, that helped me too. I'm healed up now...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png