Trailering my Trike

Trailer Debate

If I were going to do an open trailer that would be my choice for sure!! You won't have any problem pulling that one.. :D:D

THX everyone, confirms my thoughts for sure. Rather a bit too much than a bit not enough! Wished that I could go Enclosed but need a utility type for other uses, and only have a 2017 Outback for pulling power but it is rated at 2700lbs pulling capacity so don't think there will be any issues. THX again H...

THX everyone, confirms my thoughts for sure. Rather a bit too much than a bit not enough! Wished that I could go Enclosed but need a utility type for other uses, and only have a 2017 Outback for pulling power but it is rated at 2700lbs pulling capacity so don't think there will be any issues. THX again H...

If you do a forum search on Aluma TK1 you will see a picture of someone with a small SUV hooked to one of these with a Roadsmith trike on it.

Trike cover when trailering

Does anyone make a cover that will stay on the trike while trailering but not flap in the breeze and damage the paint?

We have an Aluma HSLR 7712 trailer for our CSC Victory trike and have had no problems. Make sure you have some form of rick guard on the front of the trailer. I went ahead and had 2-ft. Solid sideboards put on so that I could also use the trailer to haul lawn waste. Also, make sure when you place your wheel chock, it will position the center of the weight of the trike over the trailer axle to keep the bouncing to a minimum.

This trailer comes with the rock guard already installed. I took it out on the road for the first time with the trike loaded, it is going to pull great.

Cover will only rub & remove clear coat & paint. Buddy covered his & towed 200 miles. Then wondered if he could polish out the damage. noooooo

Nooo don't cover it!

I towed my two wheeled Suzuki, a few years ago before I purchased my wing, My distance was maybe 100ish miles, by the time I uncovered the bike I almost cried (actually I did cry)...The paint was destroyed , with the rubbing of the tarp the whole distance ...NOO0 don't cover it!

Ronnie

Nooo don't cover it!

I towed my two wheeled Suzuki, a few years ago before I purchased my wing, My distance was maybe 100ish miles, by the time I uncovered the bike I almost cried (actually I did cry)...The paint was destroyed , with the rubbing of the tarp the whole distance ...NOO0 don't cover it!

Ronnie

I agree, Covers are used for the most part on stationary objects.....

Nice looking Trike and Trailer. I have a Roadsmith GL1800 and have the enclosed trailer but have a Ram 1500 5.7 so no problem pulling it. It not I would look into that trailer. Ride Safe

If your going to get a trailer.....Get the 6 or 6 1/2 by 12...

The extra 2 feet makes a world of difference ... When ATC's first came out i got a trailer that it just fit in....Then i got a ATV i had to get a larger one.....Then i got a Rhino , Yep another trailer i should have bought the 12 by 6 1/2 in the first place..:(

My point is buy more then you need, ThumbUp

I have a 6 1/2' by 10' landscape trailer and my 97 Roadsmith wing fits just fine. I bought a good quality wheel chock and mounted it as close to the front as possible. I've taken it many times with no problems. The ramp that comes with the trailer is too short so the bike would bottom out. I bought (3) 9'-0" ramps from discountramps.com made for motorcycles and trikes. They're expensive but fold up in half and fit right into the bed of the truck. I strap the front tire into the locking wheel chock and also to the trailer frame. I also strap the "crash bars" to the tie down hooks. I'm pretty sure that alone would secure the bike but I also secure both back tires to the trailer hooks.

My trailer came with the fromt wheel Chock, the ramp stowes under the bed of the trailer, it is low and no high centering when loading. I added tiedowns in fromt and back of the tires and got a strap that goes over the rear tires and ratchets dowm, it won’t

go anywhere

F9C72143-BBD0-4D33-9BA6-0FC43C10B51F.jpeg.BA3ED861-D0E7-42A8-9383-0B4B58235894.jpeg

I love those Aluma trailers. I only posted because someone was questioning if a 10' trailer would be long enough for their trike. I already owned the landscape trailer so I had to find a way to make it work but it is super heavy and hard to move around even when empty. Maybe someday when I retire and have more time to travel I'll get an Aluma.

I love those Aluma trailers. I only posted because someone was questioning if a 10' trailer would be long enough for their trike. I already owned the landscape trailer so I had to find a way to make it work but it is super heavy and hard to move around even when empty. Maybe someday when I retire and have more time to travel I'll get an Aluma.

Yep, Once you go to an Aluma trailer you'll see that the weight saving on your back is worth every extra penny..

Been there found that out...ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png