Softail evo trike build

Has anyone out there built their own Softail trike ?......just wondering what problems you have encountered and how the ride worked out ?

Jeff, I don't know if I would personally do an EVO Softail B/C of the solid mounted engine.

Living in Ontario you have other considerations regarding MOT standards.

Are home-builds exempt ?

In 2001-2002 or so the Canadians started getting real anal on Trike Conversions of motorcycles requiring certain standards for brakes and even a parking brake.

The Softail frame is suitable depending on what suspension you choose. If you go straight axle, the swingarm construction is paramount to the success of the final product.

It is purely a suggestion that you might consider a manufactured kit simply B/C you could be riding in a couple weeks as opposed to years while you scrape together parts and do trial/error.
JMHO :Shrug:

Jeff, I don't know if I would personally do an EVO Softail B/C of the solid mounted engine.

Living in Ontario you have other considerations regarding MOT standards.

Are home-builds exempt ?

In 2001-2002 or so the Canadians started getting real anal on Trike Conversions of motorcycles requiring certain standards for brakes and even a parking brake.

The Softail frame is suitable depending on what suspension you choose. If you go straight axle, the swingarm construction is paramount to the success of the final product.

It is purely a suggestion that you might consider a manufactured kit simply B/C you could be riding in a couple weeks as opposed to years while you scrape together parts and do trial/error.
JMHO :Shrug:

Thanks Jim.........looked into MOT rules and could not find any info on conversions....they are more concerned with importation into the country , there are some brands banned from importing into Canada that are built in the U.S. And the province of Ontario seems to be just concerned just about safety , signals , headlights etc.

If there is anyone out there that has more info , please let me know

Thinking about a DNA axel and swingarm on a Softail

DNA rear axle and swingarm huh......

I would take the swingarm and study it so that I could re-enforce it where the shocks mount.

That shock bracket should have more bracing IMHO.

Don't be in a hurry, I had a local build a DNA trike with a 1993 FXLR and I wake up at night sometimes screaming.

He had been working on it for 6 months and I flat refused to straighten it out for him.

DSCN1445.JPGDSCN1442.JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png