Thank you Lowes

ISP-FL

600+ Posts
Mar 16, 2017
Lake Suzy, FL USA
It seems like I'm always running to Lowes or Home Depot for something. Recently during an early morning visit to Lowes the clerk asked me if I was a veteran. She said I could get 10% off everything purchased. Went to customer service desk and since I had a copy of my DD214 on my phone the lady there was able to sign me up.

It has now been about 2 weeks and sure enough, every time I buy something at Lowes I have them scan my vet card and the discount applies. 99% of the time the clerk even says "thank you for your service".

This is the only business I know of that treats veterans this way all year long.

Vet's

I get the same treatment @ Lowe's here in California.

Great idea you have re carrying your 214 on your phone -

i've carried a copy in my wallet for years and it's really getting

pretty shredded/torn!

As always.....I salute ALL VETERANS!

HomeDepot will do the same 10% discount for veterans. Some Harley Davidson dealership also will give 10% discount. You have to ask. Here in San Antonio, Tx out of 3 dealerships, 2 will give the discount 1 will not.

Nuc

I'll have to ask my Harley dealership next time I'm in there. Just bought everything for my oil change last week and they kind of pissed me off by charging me $1.99 for the oil drain plug O ring. Changing my own oil still costs me almost $70.00.

I was shopping for a new helmet for the DW just before Christmas, and of course two different Harley dealers didn't have squat. Went to a big Yamaha dealership in Ft. Myers and they had exactly what I wanted. The young female clerk asked to see my DL when I used my credit card. When I pulled my license she must have saw my American Legion card because she asked if I was a veteran. She then gave me a 15% discount!

If you are a vet, you can now register and shop online at the exchange/px system. Don't know what the sign-up procedures are, don't have to register, Just show my ID card.

HomeDepot will do the same 10% discount for veterans. Some Harley Davidson dealership also will give 10% discount. You have to ask. Here in San Antonio, Tx out of 3 dealerships, 2 will give the discount 1 will not.

Nuc

Last I checked, Home Depot limits that discount to the first $500. One of the reasons I don't go there unless I have to.

Last I checked, Home Depot limits that discount to the first $500. One of the reasons I don't go there unless I have to.

I have bought well over $6k of merchandise from in the last 6 months and I have gotten the 10% discount each time. Last was refrig, stove and dishwasher. not only got the sale price but also the 10% discount as well.

Nuc

I tank advantage of the Veteran's discount all the time. Lowe's saved me on a new gas range.

My chosen HD dealer gives Vets 10% off parts & labor. The Service Manager is a Veteran and is a good guy. I have 5 dealers in a 35 mile area & interviewed them when choosing a dealer for any warranty work, as I bought my trike in California & rode back to St. Louis.

I enjoy service like that.

Firearms have been sold in select post and base exchanges for at least 30 years. Currently firearms and ammunition are sold at 20 AAFES locations. Tax free.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png