some changes

LarryA

500+ Posts
Jun 21, 2016
milnor n.d. usa
1D4E8E2C-D3CA-4CCB-961D-A5EA8F131528.jpg

Replaced fusible links with maxi fuses, changing from a split computer/power module setup to a single board engine controller. 1985t1 to 1990t1 2.2 chrysler.

So changing computer and sensor harness, with single board computer. Reconfiguring the harness to fit the trike, relays, solenoids relocated, so harness will be adjusted for new component layout. This will be sequential injection instead of batch injection.

I had intermittent cutting out type issues with the older system. Also will change out the head and intake/ exhaust and turbo to a more modern blow thru system.

The wire colors and circuitry are quite similar, so that helps. The factory wiring diagrams for both years are very necessary. Anyhow, staying warm and staying busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you've got your work cut out for yourself, Larry!

Wiring is one of my least favorite parts of a build, but it must be done.

Good luck on your upgradeThumbUp

Thanks peteg, Needing all the luck I can get my hands on! Just 1 wire at a time, so not so bad.

This setup will be simpler then the older one. Many problems were from connectors, as the system evolved they eliminated wire and connections....a good thing. Also somewhat better parts availibility. I have received a lot of help and knowledge from the guy's over at the Turbo Dodge and Turbo Mopar website. Can't give them enough credit. Well, back to work...

Good luck

Wiring can be ugly

My old man always said, start @ your source and work out

We re wired a lot of cars and trucks back in the day

The worst was a 69 chevy truck

We added custom cab lights

Fishing the wires down the wind shield post was a REAL pain

But the end product was wort it

The wires were all hidden and the lights were wired up to the switch it looked like a factory job

Thanks for the encouragement Jack. System is pretty much stock.....Chrysler, and I'm assuming other makers, used an auto shut down relay. If distributor pulses are lost, the com

puter shuts down the power to the fuel pump, ignition coil, injectors etc. thru this relay.

I wired another relay in series with the stock ASD relay, that is controlled by a kill switch on the handlebars. I think all motorcycles have this already. A good safety feature to have!

resized 1.jpg

Another view....having trouble with resized pics.

Its a 1985 chrysler 2.2 t1 short block. The head/intake/turbo is a 1992 782 swirl head....a modernized version of the original. The main difference would be that the throttle was a draw thru....now it is a blow thru, which was a change needed when chrysler started using an intercooler.

My setup is called the t1 which doesn,t have the intercooler, in other words, boost must be limited to levels below the t2 setup. Also 1992 t1 used mitsubishi turbos instead of garretts. So powerwise will make about 150hp. T2 setups with calibrations and big boost can make 350 @ the wheels on these older 8 valve engines. I am more interested in reliability than hp at this point.

d.jpg

When and if engine issues are resolved, next job will be to sheet in the front doors and quarter panel access doors.

I have 1/8 aluminum sheet that will be pop riveted to tabs that will be welded to the door frames. The original idea was for a chariot style, 3 season trike, in fact, it still is, just to get it done!

sadly, I have not done much.....have a running rich problem that showed up at end of season. Then came winter!

will get something done when weather warms!

sadly, I have not done much.....have a running rich problem that showed up at end of season. Then came winter!

will get something done when weather warms!
I hear ya, BUT, tune, tire chains, put a SKI up front, OMG, You and the MRS. are going to have a blast...:D:clapping:

the only blast you get around here is about a -40 wind chill... have not been idle, moving snow and boxing and modifying a 36' dodge frame....will be good and tired of working on that by spring.....then the trike!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png