Newbie Trying to decide.

Reaction score
Good Morning every one. My wife and I are starting our process of looking for our first Trike. I have been a long time wing rider so the first thought is already for it to be a Goldwing. I have been to the manufacture sites on most of the trike kits but still not sure which is the best one to consider. I have test driven a CSC and a Lehmann trike and thought they both rode well. I curious about the Voyager trike kits. I have not tested one of those yet but it does make me think of training wheels of sorts. I would like to get the groups input to help me make a good choice for the first Trike. I cannot wait to get riding again.

Thanks

Paul (Bumpie)

Paul, :welcome:to Trike Talk. Good luck on your trike search, there are so many to consider. I ride a Harley, so I can't help you. Post often and when you purchase a trike be sure to post a few pictures.

Paul, Welcome to Trike Talk Forum. We are glad to have you aboard too.:yahoo:

There are as many opinions on trikes as there are trikes on the road !

If you are unfamiliar with most models I would try to get to Bike Week in Daytona in March where you can ride the various brands using the Goldwing as a basis.

Meantime, view and participate in the forum to get a short list of models to check out.

Storage, transport and maintenance tips as well as LOCAL service availability. Nothing worse than having a trike failure and the nearest repair center is 500 miles away.:banana-mac:

Hi Paul,

:welcome: to Trike Talk from South Florida.:wave4:

Good luck in your search for a trike. Research the varoius forums here on Trike Talk along with demonstration rides will be most beneficial in your final decision.ThumbUp

Welcome glad you joined us. Plus 1 on riding as many as you can before making your choice. I ride a 08/wing--13roadsmith. Before that had a motortrike. Love them both. Keep in mind the installer is an important part of the program.god luck! Ride safe!

Hello Paul

I dunno if others have demo rides like Harley does

If they do that is where I would start

Best of luck to you

Hope to see you here often;)

Please do yourself a favor and get your head out of the " going the cheap route " when considering a trike.

Go for a good quality, COMPLETE CONVERSION KIT.

Going with training wheels will only leave you $3,000 invested in something you wish you had not done in the long run.

If your going to do this, do it right the first time?

There are those who will argue with that assessment but if you can swing it, do the full conversion and you will never regret it.

The training wheel variety has its own set of problems,The full conversion avoids these.

If money truly is a problem, go into the training wheels with your eyes open?

use the search feature at the top of the page and do some research?

I built my own and believe me i looked into every possibility trying to build a trike on the cheap because i have the mechanical know how to do so.

I checked out every trike component, buying one part here and another there and found that a complete kit is less expensive in the long run and i could avoid allot of installation and fitment challenges.

Dont fool yourself into thinking you can do without a raked triple tree for handling ability ok?

A quality tree can be obtained on this sight for allot less money than anyone else wants, Check out the folks on this forum for the best deal on a kit.

Beware buying a kit on the internet, They may be an old kit which had it's own design problems and are now out of production for a reason.

DSCF3226 (600 x 448).jpg

Welcome aboard A lot of good advise has all ready been provided. First decision is are you going to want to do your own conversion? Or are you looking at having an installer do it? This is important because there are companies that will not sell their conversion to the DIY. If you are going with an installer then check them out FIRST. The installer is the MOST IMPORTANT variable in this process. A great conversion poor installer = PROBLEMS. A great installer will make their conversion they sell a very nice ride. An installer that sells various conversions will advsie you on what will make the best for you. After that get what you like. Most of the major conversions are all great kits and like mentioned try to get to a rally where they have several available to test ride.

Good luck ride safe

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png