Heated riding jacket

I have a Gerbing jacket, pants and gloves. Also have a Gerbing jacket liner. All work very good but the key thing is a good thermostat. Also have owned FirstGear stuff which was just as good.

I you have a BMW Dealership in your area go visit with them. When it comes to touring gear and accessories BMW carries just about the best of everything.

I think heated grips are a joke but to each his own.

Also if you find a set of heated gear that doesn't have a thermostat you can wire in a automotive turn signal module that will work great.

8~\o

I have a previous generation Gerbing jacket liner, it is a full jacket, not just a vest. I got it a few years ago when Gerbing was switching to the microwire they use now. It works well and I never have had to keep it on full power. I also have a set of heated gloves. They are warm even without plugging them in.

Harley has a line of heated gear made by Gerbing rebranded with orange and black with the bar & shield. FirstGear is made by Warm & Safe, and Powerlet has a line of heated gear. Aerostich has it's Kanetsu line of heated vests, liners and pants. They have a version called Airvantage, which is inflatable to make sure you have a snug fit. The looser the fit the less efficient the heat transfer.

All of these use the same kind of coaxial electrical plug on the clothing, so they are pretty much interchangeable. I have wires from Aerostich and FirstGear that work perfectly with my Gerbing liner and gloves, and the controllers I have from Warm & Safe and Harley.

You can get on-off switches to control the heat, or ones with steps line High, Med. & Low, but I'd recommend the dial infinitely variable style. You have more control over the heat. Mine has 2 circuits, one for the gloves and one for the Jacket liner, my wife has just the 1 circuit as she doesn't use the heated gloves on the pillion.

There are other brands, but these are the ones I have experience with.

I have a Tourmaster full heated jacket, It heats the arms chest back and neck...Bought it in 1999, and i can and do ride in temps under 15* for miles and sometimes i have to lower the heat it will get too hot...That said heated clothing should be as close to the skin as possible..I Just wear a light t shirt under it, And then my real motorcycle jacket over it....For very short rides when i don't want to be wired to the bike i will use my Milwaukee M12 battery heated jacket that i got from Home-depot.. .....Just a word of caution, If you are going on a long ride in sub-frezing temps, Take extra clothes just in case the bike has an electrical failure.....I always take my battery heated one with me also....

I have a Gerbing Jacket and Gerbing Gloves, along with a thermostat controller.

It has made all the difference.

For 40+ years I thought when I layered up I was warm...turns out I was never warm, just less cold.

With the jacket I can ride down into the high 20's and be toasty warm all day long.

Been using it for 4 or 5 years now, and I don't miss being layered up like Ralphie in the Christmas Story one bit.

Wish I would have done it many years ago.

Bonus- Mary, my wife, will now ride with me in cold weather...prior to the electric jacket, she never really like to ride in temps below 65-70.

Kevin

Oh, and on the gloves, I wear them during cold weather, but have only plugged them in twice. They are very good gloves...warmer than my other gauntlet gloves that are 1.5 x thicker.

I like the adjustable knob controller, I think mine is Gerbings, now Gordons. First Gear has them also. It has 2 outputs, each has a little knob to turn. The LED's flash faster the more you turn it up. I put a piece of velcro on the back of the controller and some velcro on the front of left thigh on my chaps. Just stick the controller to the velcro and it's right there, easy to reach and see. I have my power coming from under the left side cover. When not in use the pigtail lives behind the cover, along with the pigtail for battery tender. After plugging in, I gather up the slack wiring and stuff it under my crotch.

Electric is the only way to go. I've waisted so much money on supposedly winter gloves that I probably could have had 3 sets of electric gear. But when it comes to gloves, you need wind protection as well. I still have problems in that area as staying warm for an hours ride requires being turned up high to overcome the wind on the back of the hand which then is too warm for the palms so they sweat which then gets even colder. A big catch 22.

I did our Freeze Your Ass Off ride Jan. 1st. The temp was -6 when I left. At the last minute I couldn't find my remote heat controller. I decided to go anyway and just see how far I could get. We usually go to a old pub 30 miles west. This time I was only able to go 14 miles before stopping for lunch. If I had my heated gear working I could have gone the whole distance plus.

I also have heated grips. I ride all winter - as long as the roads are dry. I don't want to be responsible for those pesky 2 wheelers that do decide to ride with me. LOL

I have had heated gear for at least 15 years - usually Gerbing. Now I have

Jacket liner = H-D (Gerbing)

Pants liner = First Gear (Warm&Safe)

Gloves = H-D Hybred dual voltage (Gerbing) Plugs into bike or attachable Li-Ion batteries

Controller = Warm & Safe remote control

Toes = I use those chemical heat pads like Toasty toes etc.

I am now in the market to upgrade my gear.

Warm & Safe will give me $75 each as trade in for the jacket liner (micro wire) or the pant liner. Pant liner hooks up to the jacket liner.

So if anyone wants a good deal on some great condition gear, let me know. $80 each w/free shipping.

Both work perfectly, no rips or other damage. You will need to purchase a controller of your choice.

I did our Freeze Your Ass Off ride Jan. 1st. The temp was -6 when I left. At the last minute I couldn't find my remote heat controller. I decided to go anyway and just see how far I could get. We usually go to a old pub 30 miles west. This time I was only able to go 14 miles before stopping for lunch. If I had my heated gear working I could have gone the whole distance plus.

I also have heated grips. I ride all winter - as long as the roads are dry. I don't want to be responsible for those pesky 2 wheelers that do decide to ride with me. LOL

I have had heated gear for at least 15 years - usually Gerbing. Now I have

Jacket liner = H-D (Gerbing)

Pants liner = First Gear (Warm&Safe)

Gloves = H-D Hybred dual voltage (Gerbing) Plugs into bike or attachable Li-Ion batteries

Controller = Warm & Safe remote control

Toes = I use those chemical heat pads like Toasty toes etc.

I am now in the market to upgrade my gear.

Warm & Safe will give me $75 each as trade in for the jacket liner (micro wire) or the pant liner. Pant liner hooks up to the jacket liner.

So if anyone wants a good deal on some great condition gear, let me know. $80 each w/free shipping.

Both work perfectly, no rips or other damage. You will need to purchase a controller of your choice.

Gary you need to let them know what size your stuff is.

I got my setup on RevZilla.

Gloves, jacket liner, pants liner, socks .... all gerbing ... I went with the first gear wireless controller that works fine with the gerbing stuff ... Alan is toasty.

I wear a heated jacket during the coldest months of the winter here. I have a Milwaukee heated jacket and a hoodie. I use the hoodie when I go for my walks and the jacket whenever I go out for shopping, visiting and ice fishing. I'm not sure why others wear one but that's my reason for wearing a heated jacket.

I have both Gerbings with the separate control and the HD with the 3 level push button controls and both work great. The newer HD gloves are a bit better because my Gerbings are about 10 years older but both do well

I've thrown on my heated jacket and use the glove if I have to start out a ride in the rain. Even if its not that cold out. The rain can suck the heat right outta you. As I get older my tolerance for the cold gets less and less. Why suffer if you don't have too?

I've thrown on my heated jacket and use the glove if I have to start out a ride in the rain. Even if its not that cold out. The rain can suck the heat right outta you. As I get older my tolerance for the cold gets less and less. Why suffer if you don't have too?

My tolerance for the cold got less after I lost 25/30 pounds..Fat makes a great insulator..😊..

I use the Warm and Safe brand of heated clothing. I have the full jacket liner and gloves for my wife and I along with the bluetooth controler and we just love them Warm and Safe also makes the gear for other companies like First Gear. If you are and AMA member you get a 20% discount when you buy direct from Warm and Safe.

I use the Warm and Safe brand of heated clothing. I have the full jacket liner and gloves for my wife and I along with the bluetooth controler and we just love them Warm and Safe also makes the gear for other companies like First Gear. If you are and AMA member you get a 20% discount when you buy direct from Warm and Safe.

Good to know.

Thanks!

Kevin

I wear a heated jacket during the coldest months of the winter here. I have a Milwaukee heated jacket and a hoodie. I use the hoodie when I go for my walks and the jacket whenever I go out for shopping, visiting and ice fishing. I'm not sure why others wear one but that's my reason for wearing a vest denim womens or heated jacket.

Also, If you're always cold in the winter, regardless of trying the warmest down jackets, a heated jacket could solve all your worries.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png