Top coat f 11 ?

May 11, 2013
SUN CITY WEST. ARIZONA
OK. I've posted this question in a couple of different spots on here.

I've owned Chevelle. Monte Carlo's and all sorts of Hot Rods.

Plus this is my 8 Harley -Davidson.

I'd like to know if any of you have used this product on any thing you've owned.?

Motorcycle or Hot Rod or Motorhome or wheel barrel ha ha ah.

If it's as good as they say it is or NOT

I'd like to hear from you good or Bad.

Thanks for you input. Rick

It's a little like Liquid Glass if you've ever used it except F11 you can use on flat paint jobs without ruining them. Both products take time to cure with repeat applications making for a longer lasting application. Both are good as far as I'm concerned but not recommended to mix the two as they have totally different formulas. I'd say F11 Final Coat is just slightly easier to apply than Liquid Glass but not by much. Bottom line, Liquid Glass equal old tech and F11 equal new tech. Net result equal same with the except of flat paint colors.

F11 TOPCOAT, my experience...

Started using F11 in June of 2017. It IS expensive, so I bought a pint to use on my Tri Glide. Goes on easily and buffs to a high shine. Each coat required less product and it works on chrome, plastic, paint, rubber, even leather. It is very slippery, so don't use on seat, floorboards, etc. Haven't washed the bike since July. A quick spritz for touch up and to remove our tenacious Louisiana bugs. Started using on my 2012 Silverado with very good results. Just bought another pint after 3 coats on the TG (plus touch-ups) and 3 or 4 on the Silverado (really works wonders on the truck's glass). A pint goes a long way. Plan to keep using it until I find something better, but the F11 will be hard to beat.

Started using F11 in June of 2017. It IS expensive, so I bought a pint to use on my Tri Glide. Goes on easily and buffs to a high shine. Each coat required less product and it works on chrome, plastic, paint, rubber, even leather. It is very slippery, so don't use on seat, floorboards, etc. Haven't washed the bike since July. A quick spritz for touch up and to remove our tenacious Louisiana bugs. Started using on my 2012 Silverado with very good results. Just bought another pint after 3 coats on the TG (plus touch-ups) and 3 or 4 on the Silverado (really works wonders on the truck's glass). A pint goes a long way. Plan to keep using it until I find something better, but the F11 will be hard to beat.

I've wondered about using anything other than wax on cars and trucks let alone bikes. I sure hope it protects from rust better than this. But I figure trucks that end up looking like this never had anything so if they had had F11 back when this truck was new, maybe it wouldn't look like this. But I do wonder about the long term results of it's use.

th

Anyone got a old vehicle that's never had anything but Liquid Glass? F11 hasn't been around long enough but Liquid Glass is similar so the end result should be the same. So my real question is do you put something like wax on first to give that first long term rust protection before you put one of these polymers on? I may be getting a new truck is why I decided to ask. Anyone know? So no Corvette owners here. Need a metal vehicle.

I've tried it on my 2016 TriGlide and frankly I dont see any difference between it and the much much cheaper Maguires wax you can get a WalMart. Pretty expensive stuff for very little in the way of results IMO.

I read in the F11 flyer, that it can be used on plastic and windshields. I have always been under the assumption that you never use a wax or chemical cleaning substance on a windshield. Has anyone used the F11 on their windshield? How does the F11 work against those nasty bugs splats on the faring and chin spoiler?

F11 on windshields

Been using it on my Freedom Shields windshield with no problems...no clouding or discoloration. Doesn't prevent bugs from sticking, but after several coats makes them much easier to remove. We have some very large, "juicy" bugs in Louisiana. Same on fairing ,fenders, any other 'bug intensive" locations.

I used this product for around a year on a 2010 triglide that had the solid color Sunglo. I owned this triglide for all its life. The Topcoat seemed to have a longer life but I wasn’t keeping scientific records. I thought it might do a better job of removing swirls than it did. It did brighten the color very well and people commented on how good the bike looked. I road thru New Mexico, Colorado, and part of Kansas last fall and the grasshoppers seemed to be attracted to it. Prior to the ride I put on a fresh coat of Topcoat and they were easy to remove with warm water and a microfiber towel each evening. I just acquired a 2018 triglide and I plan to continue using the product. I guess this means I am a satisfied customer. Top Coat seems to send me at least 4 emails a week with a special offer. Does make one wonder why.

i've tried everything out there for black paint including liquid glass. the best products i've found is still mequires ultimate wax or their tech 2 wax. their gold class is very good also but doesn't last as long. top coat costs to much for what you are getting. if it was $10 or $20 i would give it a try, but i already have a shelve full of stuff i don't care for.

F 11 Great Stuff

I have been using it on my bikes for about 6 months. It is pricey but much easier to apply than wax, gives a better shine than any wax I've tried. I like the fact that water runs off in sheets rather than beading up to magnify the suns rays. It is very similar to McGuires but a better shine and easier to apply. I think many use to much, with this stuff a "little" spray goes a long way so 32 oz bottle will go much further than other products. This helps offset the cost as well as how long it lasts.

Peter. Thanks for that info.

That's what I want in a wax is for the water to run off in sheets not in drops where the sun can bake them in to your paint.

But that price is just crazy for an old retired tramp to spend.

Do they have a Senior discount :clapping:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png