How do I get an owners manual for a one year old Roadsmith trike??

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Sep 2, 2016
Springfield, Mass. USA
How do I get an owners manual for a one year old Roadsmith trike??

I had my 2010 Goldwing triked out last year, and I'm looking for a owners manual so I can do some service work on it myself... The company that triked it out, has not responded to my emails about a manual, for the past year....

***If Doug (from Roadsmith) reads this post, could you please, let me know if a owners manual does indeed exists...***

PS: Doug, I did send your company R/S a Email yesterday, (1/13/18) (so I'm the same guy ok?? thanks) :clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

I had my 2010 Goldwing triked out last year, and I'm looking for a owners manual so I can do some service work on it myself... The company that triked it out, has not responded to my emails about a manual, for the past year....

***If Doug (from Roadsmith) reads this post, could you please, let me know if a owners manual does indeed exists...***

PS: Doug, I did send your company R/S a Email yesterday, (1/13/18) (so I'm the same guy ok?? thanks) :clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

Ronnie you can go to Roadsmiths web site and download the owner manual for the model trike kit you have. You need to click on your kit and look for the download tab and it will take you to the manuals. Hope this helps you.

Mark

Wingrider55,

Boy that was easy, to download, my manual (I feel silly now asking) but I guess if I didn't ask, I'd still be wanting one :blush::blush:

three minutes after I read your return post answer to me, I now have it in my hands... 22 pages

Thank you! :):)

Ronnie

See - even OLD GUYS can learn!!!! :pokey:

Glad you got hooked up with the manual Ronnie!! :xszpv: :xszpv:

life is good, with a little "help" from our friends...

You know it's funny, I can replace, install, repair, heating /plumbing systems, all day long, BUT when it comes to these computer "thingies" I'm still back in the 60's............

I even heard that people can actually take pictures, with their cell phones now, BUT I find that hard to believe...LOL ;)

Thanks for all your help guys, you ask and I just received... thank you all!

Ronnie

Ronnie,

Glad you were able to get the owners manual. Roadsmith has a lot of good info on the web site. I downloaded the instillation manual as well so I would have it if I need to do any major repairs.

Ronnie,

Glad you were able to get the owners manual. Roadsmith has a lot of good info on the web site. I downloaded the instillation manual as well so I would have it if I need to do any major repairs.

Yea, I as I said above, I feel silly now, after a full year, cause it was so easy to do...I actually had it available to me, all this time, anyways, I feel better now, thank you all again...:clapping:

Ronnie

Ronnie,

Yes, that's what I need is the SERVICE MANUAL I DID DOWN LOAD the owner's manual, after your help, But it doesn't say a thing about service/repairs, which is really what I needed...so If Roadsmith reads this would you please send me a SERVICE manual...I did send you a e mail, and waiting for your help..Thank you everybody for your help..............

Ronnie

Hey Ronnie - if they do actually have a service manual I've never heard of it. Closest thing I know of is the installation manual and that is also downloadable. It will help with a lot of maintenance but is not a silver bullet. I don't believe any conversion manufacturer has a no kidding "Service Manual" :xszpv: :xszpv:

GL Service Manual

Yes, that's what I need is the SERVICE MANUAL I DID DOWN LOAD the owner's manual, after your help, But it doesn't say a thing about service/repairs, which is really what I needed...so If Roadsmith reads this would you please send me a SERVICE manual...I did send you a e mail, and waiting for your help..Thank you everybody for your help..............

Ronnie

Hi All,

Try contacting Honda directly for the applicable Service Manual.... there are lots of after markets available but no where near as detailed as the actual GL Service Manual. Of course it covers lots of different models but once you can identify your specific Bike everything that you need to know is pretty much included. I was very fortunate in the fact that I was able to locate a used (Good Condition) 2006 - 2008 GL Manual on E-Bay; our Tike just happened to be a 2008 for much less than $100.00. Once I received the Manual I had it three-hole punched and put it in a 3in binder that I keep right in the shop. Has been more than VERY HANDY!

Hope this helps........... Hutch (ME)

Hi All,

Try contacting Honda directly for the applicable Service Manual.... there are lots of after markets available but no where near as detailed as the actual GL Service Manual. Of course it covers lots of different models but once you can identify your specific Bike everything that you need to know is pretty much included. I was very fortunate in the fact that I was able to locate a used (Good Condition) 2006 - 2008 GL Manual on E-Bay; our Tike just happened to be a 2008 for much less than $100.00. Once I received the Manual I had it three-hole punched and put it in a 3in binder that I keep right in the shop. Has been more than VERY HANDY!

Hope this helps........... Hutch (ME)

Dave, Ronnie is looking for a Service Manual on the conversion part - not the bike part. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Dave, Ronnie is looking for a Service Manual on the conversion part - not the bike part. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Thanks Jerry, your correct:

I do have the actual Honda manual for the motor etc. etc

and I NOW have the OWNER MANUAL (but this manual I just found out does not teach you how to do actual service) what I'm now looking for is the actual SERVICE manual for the triked portion of the Roadsmith conversion kit...So I can service my own ...like grease, brake repair, tire replacement, driveshaft, etc.etc..

Sorry for the confusion here!

Thanks all

Ronnie

Thanks Jerry, your correct:

I do have the actual Honda manual for the motor etc. etc

and I NOW have the OWNER MANUAL (but this manual I just found out does not teach you how to do actual service) what I'm now looking for is the actual SERVICE manual for the triked portion of the Roadsmith conversion kit...So I can service my own ...like grease, brake repair, tire replacement, driveshaft, etc.etc..

Sorry for the confusion here!

Thanks all

Ronnie

As I said before.. I have never heard of such an animal but maybe Jim or Doug have one they'd share. The install manual would give you some insight on things so if you haven't already downloaded that one it's worth the read. I got very familiar with it during my build.. :D:D

Hey guys - sorry, we do not have a service manual available for distribution. By referencing our installation manual (available on-line), using this forum, and talking to our techs, all maintenance questions and issues should hopefully be answered. On the other hand, there really is not much to maintain on our trike conversions. And they really don't have issues too often :Angel:

Jim

Hey guys - sorry, we do not have a service manual available for distribution. By referencing our installation manual (available on-line), using this forum, and talking to our techs, all maintenance questions and issues should hopefully be answered. On the other hand, there really is not much to maintain on our trike conversions. And they really don't have issues too often :Angel:

Jim

Aaaaaaaaaa ok, thank you Jim, for the very quick, return mail :clapping::clapping:

Now I know, and can relax.........:D:D (note: notice my "happy" face)

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png