Setting PIN

I cannot get my PIN sequence past step 5, it never scrolls ENTER PIN in the odometer window.

Wondering if I have a misprint in my book.

Step 2 says turn off/run to off

Step 3 says turn ignition swith on

Step 4 says cycle off/run switch twice, run-off-run-off-run

Step 5 says press left turn sinal 2 times, then says ENTER PIN will scroll through odometer window. Mine doesn't scroll anything through the window.

For those who have set their pin, does the above look correct? I've tried setting this so many times and never get past step 5. Thanks for any advice.

I cannot get my PIN sequence past step 5, it never scrolls ENTER PIN in the odometer window.

Wondering if I have a misprint in my book.

Step 2 says turn off/run to off

Step 3 says turn ignition swith on

Step 4 says cycle off/run switch twice, run-off-run-off-run

Step 5 says press left turn sinal 2 times, then says ENTER PIN will scroll through odometer window. Mine doesn't scroll anything through the window.

For those who have set their pin, does the above look correct? I've tried setting this so many times and never get past step 5. Thanks for any advice.

Is the FOB out of range while you are trying to reset.....It should be at least 10 feet from the trike..

Is the FOB out of range while you are trying to reset.....It should be at least 10 feet from the trike..

It's in the windscreen pouch, right there. And I just replaced the battery. Trike starts so all is good with fob. I've tried setting it over a dozen times at least. I may just ride to the dealer and see if they can set it. Prefer to do that however in the summer on Saturdays, bikini bike wash day.

It's in the windscreen pouch, right there. And I just replaced the battery. Trike starts so all is good with fob. I've tried setting it over a dozen times at least. I may just ride to the dealer and see if they can set it. Prefer to do that however in the summer on Saturdays, bikini bike wash day.

What i meant was ......Take the FOB Away from the trike 10 feet or more , Then try to reset the pin just like you would have to if you lost the FOB...

I reset my code after I bought the trike a year or so ago and I honestly don't remember if I had the FOB near the bike at the time. The steps the OP posted are correct as far as I know so maybe having the FOB removed from the bike might do it. :confused:

Just reread my owners manual and step 2 specifically states "with an assigned fob present" so I think you do need the fob present which kind of makes sense. Let us know how you make out.

So I watched a couple of youtube vids and one of them said to go through the sequence rather quickly or it won't work. So I sped it up a bit and wham, it ask me to enter the code. Yeaha, got it set! Thanks for all the feedback.

I would have to read the instructions to my son. No way is this old brain fast enough to read, then do in a few seconds. :laugh:

So I watched a couple of youtube vids and one of them said to go through the sequence rather quickly or it won't work. So I sped it up a bit and wham, it ask me to enter the code. Yeaha, got it set! Thanks for all the feedback.

Yep, if you go too slow you get dropped out of the set mode. They don't give you time to read the manual and execute the step. So if you are a slow reader you're doomed.:(:(:(

I know when I did my 2016 it took 2 tries to get it to work and on my 2018 also the same, not sure why, was either to slow or I messed up but I got it on the 2nd try, keep at it, you will get it.

All for now Trampas

Regarding having the fob present. That must be done so security is off. If pin could be set without fob present then anyone could do so and steal bike if ignition was not locked.

Amen! When I read "fob away from the bike" I immediately thought, "What the hell?!?!" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png