Air temp is 78 degrees

My Power Vision showed Engine Temp @ 288

Just for grins I stuck my thermometer in the oil tank it read 250 degrees

Next I grabbed my wife's cookie thermometer it reads the same

I am confident in the M8 engine

With 15,600 miles I have had ZERO problems with this new engine design

I am running 90 octane alcohol free gas with No ping

The knock sensors do a great job retarding the spark

I run my Love Juggs Mighty mites All the time to push the hot air away from the spark plug area The hottest part of the heads

I just rode 100 miles today

Air temp is 78 degrees

My Power Vision showed Engine Temp @ 288

Just for grins I stuck my thermometer in the oil tank it read 250 degrees

Next I grabbed my wife's cookie thermometer it reads the same

I am confident in the M8 engine

With 15,600 miles I have had ZERO problems with this new engine design

I am running 90 octane alcohol free gas with No ping

The knock sensors do a great job retarding the spark

I run my Love Juggs Mighty mites All the time to push the hot air away from the spark plug area The hottest part of the heads

Good information Jack & thanks for posting. I am concerned about the heat & would love to have a gauge were I could easily monitor oil temperature.

Am I correct in assuming the 288 engine temp. the Power Vision showed was a cylinder hear temp?

I need to get my 1.5" tank lift kit from Kevin ordered as I am hoping it improves the air flow/cooling in that area.

Good information Jack & thanks for posting. I am concerned about the heat & would love to have a gauge were I could easily monitor oil temperature.

Am I correct in assuming the 288 engine temp. the Power Vision showed was a cylinder hear temp?

I need to get my 1.5" tank lift kit from Kevin ordered as I am hoping it improves the air flow/cooling in that area.

No, that is a different reading

I can display that also

It is usually a bit higher

Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your interest and support of our products.

The engine temp that can be displayed on the Power Vision screen is read directly from whichever temperature sensor the ECM looks at. It is NOT an exhaust temp. Depending on where you’re located, those temps are not all that uncommon for a big twin in the summer. Out here in the deserts of Las Vegas, when our ambient temperature is 110+, it is not uncommon for me to see temps as high as 350 or so in stop and go traffic. I checked with one of our HD experts, who told me to only be concerned if the temp gets to 380… At which time, they recommended to pull over, shut the bike off and let it cool down.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us... We're open Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm Pacific time.

Scott Webster

Technical/Sales

Training Coordinator

Dynojet Research, Inc.

2191 Mendenhall Dr., #105

North Las Vegas, NV 89081

phone: 800-992-4993

Read here also

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/44717-Engine-Temperature-Sensor-on-M8-Engine

Today, air temp @83 riding 2 up PV showed ET of 300

Now I know this is a calculated temp I am not too worried

Plus checking the oil temp with 2 thermometers that read the same @ 250

I know this is a higher number, but I am confident in the miles i have already racked up that this M8 can take it;)

What would be involved in mounting a dedicated oil temp. gauge that displays where the rider can read it? Digital or analog would both be acceptable, whatever is easier.

What would be involved in mounting a dedicated oil temp. gauge that displays where the rider can read it? Digital or analog would both be acceptable, whatever is easier.

H-D-Oil-Temp-Gauge-Install-2.jpg

H-D-Oil-Temp-Gauge-Install-3.jpg
The first picture is the oil pan, The drain plug hole to the r, the other hole has a pipe plug seen in next picture

The problem is that plug is so da-- tight

If you have a heat gun I would use that to remove the plug

You will need to get a good gauge complete with a sensor to screw in that hole

I dunno how accurate the reading is going to be I guess as good as the gauge you buy

I personally do not trust a H D gauge

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png