rear tires on front sidecar

For what it's worth Paul, in the final years that Harley Davidson manufactured and sold sidecars they used to setup the sidecars with a Dunlop front tire mounted to run arrows facing "forward" on the sidecar and regular stock Dunlop front tires on the bike again, arrows running forward.

Doubt Dunlop would have given HD the green light to "reverse" mount any of their "directional" tires. Today, most HD dealerships will not "reverse" mount any tire that leaves their service depts. due to liability reasons.

Never Run a Michellin on any bike I've owned so not much help, but there are several discussions of tire brand/fitments in the threads on here if you dig around.

I'm looking for a set of pads for a 90~94 vintage Harley FLT parking brake.

Parking brake was an option for the sidecar kit, & HD doesn't make them any more.

New, used, &/or abused works for me as both pads somehow disappeared into thin air!

Pete, Did you ever find these ???

^...No I never did Jim.

It would be nice to have a working parking brake, but I've found that in most cases it really isn't needed. I've improvised without it by parking on a hill rear wheel/bumper against the curb, as well as keeping a wheel chock in the sidecar when simply leaving in 1st gear won't "hold" the rig...

^...No I never did Jim.

It would be nice to have a working parking brake, but I've found that in most cases it really isn't needed. I've improvised without it by parking on a hill rear wheel/bumper against the curb, as well as keeping a wheel chock in the sidecar when simply leaving in 1st gear won't "hold" the rig...

I suspect that the original kit was 44103-90A up to 1999 and the 2000 and later was 44103-02A. Both of these kits are discontinued. It appears that the caliper changes between these 2 kits but the brake pads remained the same. Pads 44113-90 might be available though NOS.

I will do a crossover number check tomorrow and see what I can find.

I did find this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STOCK-HARL...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Worse case you could cut down a larger set to fit using the above and resell the above ........ a little crude but it works.

Who would see it ???:cxtv:

Sorry for hijacking your post Paul.

Thanks Jim & Jack! That is the same kit I have, that you have pictured from ebay, Jim.

Looks like Boardtracker HD has the pads in stock. I'm gonna get in touch ASAP on them, as I have been unable to locate any anywhere near me.

They will be good to have, as that will bring back added holding power when parking on uneven surfaces.

The original factory supplied pads friction surfaces were merely RTV'd together to the backing steel of the pad. I found this out when changing a rear tire a few years back. Once I got the wheel lowered away from the calipers, the pads fell out of the parking brake caliper, hit the floor & separated on impact!

Kinda flimsy & poorly designed IMO, but they're not really designed to be used to stop the bike going down the road.

Hopefully they're improved from what they were originally, but even if not, I'll still get them if for no other reason than to get a template to use in making a more rugged set from something else.

Thanks again, Gents.
clapping%20smilie.gif

Good Luck Pete

I think you will like dealing with those guys in Wisconsin

I have Never had a problem with them, and they saved me tons of money with their prices;)

Sorry for hijacking your post Paul.

Thanks Jim & Jack! That is the same kit I have, that you have pictured from ebay, Jim.

Looks like Boardtracker HD has the pads in stock. I'm gonna get in touch ASAP on them, as I have been unable to locate any anywhere near me.

They will be good to have, as that will bring back added holding power when parking on uneven surfaces.

The original factory supplied pads friction surfaces were merely RTV'd together to the backing steel of the pad. I found this out when changing a rear tire a few years back. Once I got the wheel lowered away from the calipers, the pads fell out of the parking brake caliper, hit the floor & separated on impact!

Kinda flimsy & poorly designed IMO, but they're not really designed to be used to stop the bike going down the road.

Hopefully they're improved from what they were originally, but even if not, I'll still get them if for no other reason than to get a template to use in making a more rugged set from something else.

Thanks again, Gents.
clapping%20smilie.gif

Pete, I just called my local HD dealer and he said they are still available ... asked 'how many I wanted ?'

They retail for $39.00 .... how about that .... under $100.00.......:D

Off hand, do you remember what the pads looked like ????

If you get them, take some pictures of the pads and caliper for posting......

Working from faded memory Jim, I remember them being about 1-1/2" square with no holes to retain them in the caliper?

When I get back from running errands, I'm going to order them from Boardtracker unless they're on the shelf at my local.

Thanks again for chasing down the part# on these. I'll try to post up pics when I have them in hand...

Working from faded memory Jim, I remember them being about 1-1/2" square with no holes to retain them in the caliper?

When I get back from running errands, I'm going to order them from Boardtracker unless they're on the shelf at my local.

Thanks again for chasing down the part# on these. I'll try to post up pics when I have them in hand...

Pete, Just curious ???? Did you get them yet ???:Shrug:

Not yet Jim.

I did check my local dealer, and they can order them and have them in 1 week. They list for $39.99 but with my MVP discount, they'll be less. We're still in the thick of winter here with lots of salt still on our roads, so I've still got a few weeks to go before the bike comes out of "hibernation".

I'm really interested to see if they made them any better, quality wise, and will update when I get em.....

Back to Paul’s question, I run Michelin’s on my 2 wheeler. It has directional arrows as to front or rear. I have no reason not to like them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png