Spyder now-- thinking about a Slingshot

My local dealer no has the Vanderhall along with the SPyder/Indian/Slingshot

May try and test ride the Vanderhall and Slingshot soon myself :shok:

Still wondering about when it rains how much off the tires gets into the cockpit?

Still wondering about when it rains how much off the tires gets into the cockpit?

Just add the aftermarket accessory top to the Vanderall. Makes it look even more like a car though. Slingshot should be okay as is.

Vanderhall-Laguna-5.jpg

With the slingshot nothing comes out of the tires don't know about the Vanderhall ' I was out yesterday riding in the rain yesterday you'll get wet going slow once you get up to any kind of speed it kind of goes over and out the back. I have a roof coming in and a tall windshield but probably still get a little wet ! Time will tell 📞

Bob, you pull the trigger on the Slingshot, keep us informed on your experience. We don't see much on this forum about that Polaris item.

Bill The Slingshot probably isn't right for most riders....And if they ride two up, they would be limited to just day rides, What with the lack of storage space ... And it has a large foot print almost the size of a small car.. It comes with a back-up camera, And you will need it...Where i would pull right into my garage with the T/G i have to go in very-very careful... Its fast and it rides a little like the Spyder, You get the sensation of the tail wagging the dog...Just like my Spyder did...

I really didn't want to give up my T/G....But i couldn't handle the nonsense of having the transmission fluid refiled and the primary drained every 5 or 8 hundred miles...

And the treatment i got from Harley every time i talked to them on the phone..

Once When i asked if they could exchanged it for another T/G...The answer was ;If we did it for you we would have do it for everyone.. If Harley went out of business tomorrow it wouldn't bother me in the least....

Bob, your points are well taken, storage seems almost nil. No more long rides to the mountains with the wife. I guess the Sling Shot is a non starter for me. Gotta go with what works.

Big chuckle at your HD remarks, my response, "roger that".

Bob, your points are well taken, storage seems almost nil. No more long rides to the mountains with the wife. I guess the Sling Shot is a non starter for me. Gotta go with what works.

Big chuckle at your HD remarks, my response, "roger that".

Me too. "they all do that" is the biggest bunch of BS any company could possible say. Then fix it was what I always said. :gah:

Bob, in your comment in post #46, I was thinking about the space for travel situation on the SS, why wouldn't they build a trailer for that beast, or at the very least, a hitch for an after market. I'm not a pull trailer fan, but seems that would solve the space problem for those that want to do the getaway rides, and don't consider the SS for that very reason. It obviously has the power to pull a trailer, I'm not familiar with the rear suspension or how it accommodate a pull trailer.

The trailer setups I've seen for Spyders might be what they do for Slingshots but I think it's terrible. Off the axle somehow so every bump the trailer tongue would bounce as well. But I don't think there is another way on a Spyder. Isn't the SS basically the same? If someone made a bumper for that car you'd have it made. Then just about any bumper pull setup would work.

There must be some good reason that Polaris engineers have not made this a priority on the SS and perhaps you have hit upon the reason. The single rear wheel frame does not support the hitch design for a trailer.

Bob, in your comment in post #46, I was thinking about the space for travel situation on the SS, why wouldn't they build a trailer for that beast, or at the very least, a hitch for an after market. I'm not a pull trailer fan, but seems that would solve the space problem for those that want to do the getaway rides, and don't consider the SS for that very reason. It obviously has the power to pull a trailer, I'm not familiar with the rear suspension or how it accommodate a pull trailer.

There are hard saddle bag's available one on each side of the rear wheel ......Corbin ,Sitting down....35 Hundred $.....

That could also be a serious issue, that rear tire is huge and 'out there', sadly there is no good fix for additional space for the 'long ride' that I can think of. Just having this machine for day rides and around town doesn't work for me as one who does the 'two up' thing. For a single rider, there's always the side seat and some little storage behind the passenger as I recall.

That could also be a serious issue, that rear tire is huge and 'out there', sadly there is no good fix for additional space for the 'long ride' that I can think of. Just having this machine for day rides and around town doesn't work for me as one who does the 'two up' thing. For a single rider, there's always the side seat and some little storage behind the passenger as I recall.

There is some storage lockable behind each seat.....That said all i use my Trikes for is day rides and local rides, Like i said before if you travel long distanced and two up...The Slingshot isn't for you..

Purist here

Sorry, IMO a Slingshot is not a trike even though it has 3 wheels. It is a convertible 3 wheel car.

It's all about the seating position and your place "In The-Wind".

Is this a trike?

sparrow17_62.jpg

Is this a trike?

morgan-3-wheeler_100341683_m.jpg

THIS is a trike...

035ce4fa11a95fbc35a6ab7debb439fc--reverse-trike-trike-motorcycles.jpg

And this is a trike

befa0a06dcdfb87c713832cfecae9536--weird-cars-crazy-cars.jpg

I'm not sure people who drive these are very concerned with their classification. I've met people on spyders who would tell you that they had no interest in motorcycles until they saw the spyder and bought it. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other. I wouldn't be interested in them. But then I'm not interested in any new bikes. Never own something you can walk away from without turning around just to admire it. If you're saying they shouldn't be on a trike forum well they have three wheels. Should they be shut out just because we don't approve of they're configuration.:Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png