Fuel Shut Off Valve

sonny8l3

Reaction score
https://photos.app.goo.gl/cQ4N4ZIqhsp3l0Yf2

I don't know if the picture made it, the last time I put in a picture it worked different. That's what happens for the computer stupid. BUT, if it worked, this is my present in line gas shut off valve and it is leaking a little. I want to change it out, but I've had a hell of a time finding one. The best I've come up with is for a lawn mower, plastic with a red valve handle. Pretty cheesy even for a spare parts rat bike. Any one have any ideas on where to get a replacement or another type of well made valve.

If the picture didn't make it, oh well. Any ideas on an in line valve will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

picture made it fine...maybe marine or aircraft....old tractors had sediment bulb shutoff valves, they are low quality also. Have you considered rebuilding your old valve.....maybe o-rings or packings or relapping sealing area?

sh-56x-valve-shut-off-b1_3.jpg
Check Lowes or Home Depot;)

I don't see what's wrong with the plastic valves they been using them for years but I wouldn't get anything that is strictly for water' ie plumbing ! Any any garden center that has sells garden tractors and such will have them even some marine places will have them Also ��

I don't see what's wrong with the plastic valves they been using them for years but I wouldn't get anything that is strictly for water' ie plumbing ! Any any garden center that has sells garden tractors and such will have them even some marine places will have them Also ��

Ya have to watch out with plastic

Too much alcohol in the gas destroys it

Take a look at the plastic lines found on most lawn mowers and weed trimmers

They get destroyed and crack then leak JMO

Ya have to watch out with plastic

Too much alcohol in the gas destroys it

Take a look at the plastic lines found on most lawn mowers and weed trimmers

They get destroyed and crack then leak JMO

Thats with the bargain basement mowers and 99 dollar trimmers who by the way don't have fuel cutoff valves... Lines and Valves are too different animals... With the weed trimmers its the 2 cycle mix that causes them over time to get brittle and crack...

Plastic valves [Petcocks] are in my Snowblower, Log Splitter' Snowmobile' Generator' Power washer and my ATV's For years now....

I've used the brass ball valve I listed for about 6 years on my lawn tractor with excellent results. It has a brass body, stainless steel ball, and teflon seals. These valves are rated for water, air, gas, diesel, fuel gases, and most chemicals. As long as it won't attack the brass, stainless, or teflon I'd guess it's OK.

Thats with the bargain basement mowers and 99 dollar trimmers who by the way don't have fuel cutoff valves... Lines and Valves are too different animals... With the weed trimmers its the 2 cycle mix that causes them over time to get brittle and crack...

Plastic valves [Petcocks] are in my Snowblower, Log Splitter' Snowmobile' Generator' Power washer and my ATV's For years now....

Not 100 percent true

They have plastic fuel lines that deteriorate from the alcohol also the floats, and needle valves in the carbs suffer

In most cases a replacement carb will solve most problems, tho they are not cheap

The cure is to completely drain old gas each season and if you can find it use alcohol free gas

Modern gas has a limited shelf life now, not like our older leaded fuels

The latest and better plastic looking lines and associated fuel delivery parts are made of a newer PTF type resin similar to teflon

IMO , steel line or braided stainless would serve us well, any ball cock type valve would IMO work for a shut off

Keeping in mind alcohol gas is VERY corrosive and will over time dry out rubber and gaskets. Also the corrosion loves to plug up needle valve seats and eat up fuel tanks inside out JMO

Thanks for the info folks. Our local Home Depot had Toms ball valve. They either didn't have or couldn't find Jacks. But they only sent me to 3 wiz bang experts to look. I'm gonna change it out this weekend.

Thanks for your time,

Sonny,

The hose barbs and other brass fittings are usually in plastic drawers located near the vinyl and plastic tubing reels in the plumbing dept. I think that's also near the PEX tubing. That's where they are at my HD.

Thanks for the info folks. Our local Home Depot had Toms ball valve. They either didn't have or couldn't find Jacks. But they only sent me to 3 wiz bang experts to look. I'm gonna change it out this weekend.

Thanks for your time,

Good deal, let us know how it turns out;)

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png