I Ordered my Tank Lift Kit Today!

MDO

Oct 11, 2017
St. Louis, MO USA
I ordered the DK Custom Products 1.5" lift kit with the deluxe option today. They had it packed & shipped quickly & hopefully I can get some good weather to install it.

Hopefully it will increase the air flow over the cylinders . I know it will improve the view of that beautiful M8 engine.

My problem is every time the temperature hits 50, I wanna ride:clapping:

I will update here after the installation.

Put a DK Customs tank lift kit on mine a couple of years ago. You will like it. Installation only takes a few minutes and increases air flow over the engine plus makes it a lot easier to clean the rocker boxes!

Sunman

Thanks Sunman. That's exactly the results I'm after.

.........My problem is every time the temperature hits 50, I wanna ride:clapping:
AND this is a problem. Every time it gets above 45 I ride.

You didn't mention but hopefully you got the deluxe kit with the rear spacers also. I got the 1 1/2" lifts and ended up getting the 2 1/2" which makes the TG look a whole lot better.

8~\o

Reactions: MDO
AND this is a problem. Every time it gets above 45 I ride.

You didn't mention but hopefully you got the deluxe kit with the rear spacers also. I got the 1 1/2" lifts and ended up getting the 2 1/2" which makes the TG look a whole lot better.

8~\o

Yes Texan, I did order the deluxe option for the rear of tank lift. I stuck with the 1.5", as I did not want to take a chance on having to replace lines & I have heard FW riders say the smaller lift worked with no problems.

I can handle 45 if the sun is out.;)

I think this is mentioned in the installation instructions, but, as a hint, don't install it unless you are low on fuel ... sure makes it easier ... :D

That's sound advice FuzzyWuzHe. I guess I better go riding. I have been keeping it full for winter storage, but I have not gone more than 8 days without getting a ride in.:D We have been pretty lucky overall, but it's been a roller coaster.

Well, my shipment fro DK Custom arrived, despite the best efforts of my local USPS to misplace it. It sat for a 1.5 days 3/4 of a mile from my house, with them saying on Thursday it was out for delivery & Friday it changed to delayed & they could not find it.

I went up there & said I am not leaving till we find it & it magically appeared 10 minutes later & supposedly there was a barcode problem when they scanned it. This is another example of the government screwing up a system. They should turn it all over to Fed-Ex & UPS.

Now I have to wait for the snow to melt so I can burn off 5 gallons of gas & install the kit. I love projects.:cool:

It's 75 here 1 day, then 32 & snowing the next.

Well, my shipment fro DK Custom arrived, despite the best efforts of my local USPS to misplace it. It sat for a 1.5 days 3/4 of a mile from my house, with them saying on Thursday it was out for delivery & Friday it changed to delayed & they could not find it.

I went up there & said I am not leaving till we find it & it magically appeared 10 minutes later & supposedly there was a barcode problem when they scanned it. This is another example of the government screwing up a system. They should turn it all over to Fed-Ex & UPS.

Now I have to wait for the snow to melt so I can burn off 5 gallons of gas & install the kit. I love projects.:cool:

It's 75 here 1 day, then 32 & snowing the next.

I had a package that was shipped UPS. I tracked it to San Antonio expecting it to be delivered the next day. The next morning it was in another state, after a little side trip through Ohio it came back. The tracking showed "exception" which I took to mean "operator error".:xzqxz:

I had a chance to get a 25 mile ride in while running a few errands & I have to say I really like the new look. Puts that beautiful M8 on display.

Thanks to Kevin/DK Customs for a fine product.

1 item of note concerning the Freewheeler in general. I love this trike!:clapping:

When I don't get to ride for a few days & then get back on it, it makes me feel like it's the 1st time & I get giddy like a school girl. What a great design. The whole thing just continues to impress.

Just Occurred to me .. this would of been a good add while doing the plug wires ... Duh ... It's really not that hard an install for the lift, so I'll wait till I get the "cough issue" straightened out then do this.

I must have missed something with the "cough issue"

Could you catch me up please?

I had a chance to get a 25 mile ride in while running a few errands & I have to say I really like the new look. Puts that beautiful M8 on display.

Thanks to Kevin/DK Customs for a fine product.

1 item of note concerning the Freewheeler in general. I love this trike!:clapping:

When I don't get to ride for a few days & then get back on it, it makes me feel like it's the 1st time & I get giddy like a school girl. What a great design. The whole thing just continues to impress.

Thank you, we appreciate your business. Once you get it cleaned up, if you want to email us some pics, we'd like to put one on our website.

I know the feeling you speak of! :)

Freewheeler%20%20Happier%20When%20Ride.jpg

Kevin

Thank you, we appreciate your business. Once you get it cleaned up, if you want to email us some pics, we'd like to put one on our website.

I know the feeling you speak of! :)

Freewheeler%20%20Happier%20When%20Ride.jpg

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. That's a great picture. It shows that reflector below the trunk lock. That's were I want to mount an LED running, brake & turn signal light bar about 12-14" long. It should come like that from the MoCo, IMO.

Thanks Kevin. That's a great picture. It shows that reflector below the trunk lock. That's were I want to mount an LED running, brake & turn signal light bar about 12-14" long. It should come like that, IMO.

At this LINK there is a light that you could install right there. It can function as a Run-Brake light and it is BRIGHT!

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png