Looking for a Flanged Yoke

Reaction score
I removed the driveshaft from my 2013 Lehman Monarch LLS-ll for inspection and found that the eyes in the flanged yoke that bolts to the differential we’re streched, the caps we’re moving in the yoke.

I called Champion (who now own Lehman) and they informed me that they only sell complete drive shafts.

I understand that they are not in the driveline business, but it’s senseless to replace the whole driveshaft when you only need a yoke.

Has anyone on the board run into this? We’re you able to find a Yoke?

Attachments

• 97E5F282-9A59-4256-A7D9-7DCA03D9978B.jpg
    97E5F282-9A59-4256-A7D9-7DCA03D9978B.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 167
Thanks Jim.....I was corresponding with Bill Swift at Champion......he told me the driveshaft cost is $740 plus shipping.....:badmood:

I will measure my yoke and see if we have a match. When I do get a match, I will post it here.

Do you think it would be ok to use a yoke that doesn’t have a raised face?

Most yokes do not have one. I assume it’s there to keep the yoke centered with the matting flange on the dif.

The raised face is part of the alignment to the pinion flange. Without that it is really free to move wherever it wants.

Thanks Jim, I haven’t checked the dimensions yet because I went to the Toronto MC Show to see the new Goldwing today.....I’m in love......(heart)

The problem is I’m now retired on a fixed income and probably shouldn’t buy one....(bh)

I will keep you posted on the yoke issue!

That almost looks like a ford yoke. Does it use a ford rear end? Maybe take it to a junk yard and match it up.

I know some folks were using the front joint from 98 f 150 on there home brew units and it would be close and definitely worth a look.Now you've give me something else to check on mine.

I asked the Champion rep if it was an automotive differential, and he unconvincingly told me it was designed specifically for them!

I will get some dimensions today and post them here.

I never thought about going to a junk yard.....I have good friend in that business......I will get in touch with him!

Thanks for your replies....I’ll keep you posted!

Marcel, We have already concluded that the rear differential is a Toyota.

It only makes sense that the pinion flange and rear driveshaft flange are also Toyota.

I do believe the shaft is made special for their application but not made from special parts.

I am only interested in the bolt hole center dimension and the u-joint dimensions.

U-JOINT DIMENSIONS.jpg2-2-899 flange yoke 01.jpg

I don't think the cost of the flange or u-joint would be prohibitively expensive but using a junkyard recycled part when a new one is available for roughly the same price kinda defies logic. JMHO

BF38EC50-D085-45D4-BC57-AE88F60C8E14.jpg5585A075-42D3-4C1C-B7DE-F4D43F27F4C7.jpg

Jim, my intention was to have my friend at the junk yard possibly identify my yoke....I don’t plan on buying a used yoke!

I took the dimensions of the yoke as follows

end to end dimension of cross.....2-7/16” Cap to Cap

OD of Caps......1-1/16”

Bolt Circle......3-1/16”

Spacing of bolts.......2-3/16” in both directions

Bore of Raised Face......1-7/16”

OD of Raised Face......1-13/16”

Height of Raised Face....3/32”

Outside width of eyes....2-11/16”

center of cap to face of flange...1-1/2”

How did you land on the Toyota components?

Thanks again for your help!

They were using Suzuki until they stopped importing them ... they now use Toyota gears. It is not a factory made assembly, it is specifically made for Champion using a RAV4 gear set (2.92:1 ratio) in a 8" small truck gear assembly. They use the same part in their straight axle and IRS trikes.

I’ve been searching on the net for info based on the dimensions I took......so far I’m leaning towards a Suzuki component.

I’m looking for a Spicer Flanged Yoke 1310 for Suzuki

Are you saying the Champion flanged yoke is proprietary?

I know this is late in the game here,but have you gone to a driveline shop to see if they can fix you up? Or possibly determine what you have?

I just took the assembly apart today (Sunday) so I haven’t contacted any driveline folks yet!

Now that I have the dimensions, I will be in touch with them.

I just took the assembly apart today (Sunday) so I haven’t contacted any driveline folks yet!

Now that I have the dimensions, I will be in touch with them.

The dimensions you gave for the u-joint make it a 1210 type.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEAPCO-N2-...ash=item46726050ab:g:mMcAAOSwJoNZvRVi&vxp=mtr

GOOGLE SEARCH " NEAPCO N2-2-2323 flange yoke".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/437-Univer...ash=item3f93b5049a:g:em8AAOSwgjFZsE9T&vxp=mtr

Some on eBay...... look at the dimensions.

Way to go Jim, I believe you nailed it.......I will contact Neapco tomorrow and make sure it has the raised face......when looking at the specs....it has a Pilot Diameter of 1.81M........I think they are saying 1-13/16” Male.

That is the OD of the Raised face.

I will let you know how I make out!

​Thanks a bunch.....Marcel

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png