clutch lever for small hands

skinny bitch

Aug 14, 2017
twentynine palms, ca, usa
Hi, Ive got a 2016 tri glide, the clutch lever is hard to pull in, even tho it is hydralic, being a girl, ive got small hands, of course, just was wondering is there is a solution to making the lever easier to pull in, I have read that there is a clutch lever for small hands, makes it easier to reach , but I want to know is it going to be easier to pull in, stop and go traffic kills my hand.

Hi, Ive got a 2016 tri glide, the clutch lever is hard to pull in, even tho it is hydralic, being a girl, ive got small hands, of course, just was wondering is there is a solution to making the lever easier to pull in, I have read that there is a clutch lever for small hands, makes it easier to reach , but I want to know is it going to be easier to pull in, stop and go traffic kills my hand.

Welcome to Trike-Talk.....:wave4:

This will work for you;... Oberon Airo hydraulic clutch lever....Adjustable...

I have one on my 2017 Tri-Glide :clapping:

I just found the invoice....16761 Burke lane Huntington beach Cal.....

They are pricey but if they work its a good investment.I have issues with turning a hard right turn while taking off because of arthritis in my hands so i'm looking to upgrade to theses myself.

They are pricey but if they work its a good investment.I have issues with turning a hard right turn while taking off because of arthritis in my hands so i'm looking to upgrade to theses myself.

Pricey , Maybe...It is a onetime investment, But on a 35 thousand dollar Trike and it does make it easer to shift so for me it wasn't.. , :Shrug:

I don't like the Oberon lever

Here is another alternative that reduces the reach by 1" and less expensive. Scroll down until you reach the trike levers.

http://softbrake.com/brake-levers-accessories/

Nuc

I am one that is not happy with the Oberon adjustable lever. Position 3, according to the manufacturer, is the same as stock and position 1 will not close the switch that allows starting in gear. Position 2 works but not much difference in length of throw, pretty pricey for an "adjustable" lever that really isn't.

Nucseal, did you actually buy one of the soft brake levers? If so can you confirm that the Trike will still start in gear?

The Harley LOW Models have slightly smaller diameter factory grips .... and changing to the LOW grips will slightly reduce the reach.

Bob :Dorag:

It will work

To answer my own question, the Soft Brake clutch lever will allow the engine to start in gear. I just received a phone call from them in answer to a question I asked on their website. and was assured it would work.

As purchase of the chrome lever requires an exchange of the stock lever, I suspect they are reshaping the levers.

The price is right at $65. I'm ordering one.

Edit - just went to the web site to order and find that shipping charge ($68) exceeds cost of the product.

Their choice but a little high for me.

To answer my own question, the Soft Brake clutch lever will allow the engine to start in gear. I just received a phone call from them in answer to a question I asked on their website. and was assured it would work.

As purchase of the chrome lever requires an exchange of the stock lever, I suspect they are reshaping the levers.

Edit - just went to the web site to order and find that shipping charge ($68) exceeds cost of the product.

These company's sell items at reduced cost to bait you, then sock it to you on shipping. I looked at phone holder for my wife, shipping was twice the cost of the holder. Sent them an email .......no thanks.

shipping cost

Thanks for info in the soft brake clutch lever, I dont trust these companies, I dont want to send them my stock clutch lever, because if it doesnt work Im out a lever, would have to replace it thru Harley, besides shipping cost is ridiculous, these companies are just ripping people on shipping, I guess the only solution is don’ t buy from them :mad::mad:

I am one that is not happy with the Oberon adjustable lever. Position 3, according to the manufacturer, is the same as stock and position 1 will not close the switch that allows starting in gear. Position 2 works but not much difference in length of throw, pretty pricey for an "adjustable" lever that really isn't.

Nucseal, did you actually buy one of the soft brake levers? If so can you confirm that the Trike will still start in gear?

I been using the Oberon since last summer, I'm very happy with it...I don't care what number it works on or not , As long as it works on the number i need...[2]

My Ram truck has a adjustable steering column , Set it once once and haven't readjusted it in 3 years...Yet it has many different settings?

Try a set of Ergo Levers from Custom Chrome. They are a little thinner and the top of the lever is rotated back towards the grip making it much easier to get your fingers over the levers. My wife was having a hard time working the clutch until I put a set of these on her bike (Street Glide). Made a huge difference and at $35 a set, a much cheaper option. Whenever I rode her bike it felt like the levers were too small and too close to the grip for my larger hands - there was that much difference. You can find them at J&P Cycles, Amazon, E-Bay, etc. Besides being easier to work the levers, they are nice looking as well.

Bob

Try a set of Ergo Levers from Custom Chrome. They are a little thinner and the top of the lever is rotated back towards the grip making it much easier to get your fingers over the levers. My wife was having a hard time working the clutch until I put a set of these on her bike (Street Glide). Made a huge difference and at $35 a set, a much cheaper option. Whenever I rode her bike it felt like the levers were too small and too close to the grip for my larger hands - there was that much difference. You can find them at J&P Cycles, Amazon, E-Bay, etc. Besides being easier to work the levers, they are nice looking as well.

Bob

I would assume in most applications this would require readjustment of a cable pulled clutch

FYI. Shipping cost is $15. That includes a prepaid self address padded USPS envelope to return your stock levers. I was shocked at the $68 but if you enter the shipping address then it will calculate the correct shipping at $15. $68 cost is for international orders.

They are reshaping the stock levers and it does make it much more comfortable for folks with small hands. I'm pleased so far.

Yes it does start in gear, with the clutch pulled in.

Nuc

FYI. Shipping cost is $15. That includes a prepaid self address padded USPS envelope to return your stock levers. I was shocked at the $68 but if you enter the shipping address then it will calculate the correct shipping at $15. $68 cost is for international orders.

They are reshaping the stock levers and it does make it much more comfortable for folks with small hands. I'm pleased so far.

I don't know how that worked, I just tried ordering again and total (after entering everything except credit card number) was $132.95, $64.95 plus $68.00 shipping.

I give up. Maybe they consider Chicago to be international (hard to argue)

I don't know how that worked, I just tried ordering again and total (after entering everything except credit card number) was $132.95, $64.95 plus $68.00 shipping.

It works. I just tried it again to make sure. Make sure you enter the shipping address and uncheck the ship to a different address box at the top.

It works. I just tried it again to make sure. Make sure you enter the shipping address and uncheck the ship to a different address box at the top.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png