Legend Axeo Tri Glide front end Suspension Review:

Just drop mine off

HI just back from dealer dropping bike off brought him progressive monotube part number 0414-0498 for front end chrome lowers and cans be done in a few days $680.00

and its done don't have the time did install last week DK 14 inch shocks and lift kit and rode 600 miles

Reply to PosseRider

Hey Bill!!!

Awwwe-Yeahhhh!!! Most nice!!!!...Yes-sah, yes-sah!!! Me LIKES!!!!! I aint just woofin here = I definately Aeee-proooove! That deep blue body color makes that chrome really "POP!" ....I knew it would!

....and FK' NO, I didnt get those chrome wheel spacers!!!! I didn't know about them!!!!.....man, you got me beat there.....If I'd known, I would have got'em cause they look nice and add bling!!! (I like mucho bling obviously)............you'll find those chrome forks are tripple chromed and really resist scratches and dings too!

.......Now hurry up and test those front Axeo shocks! ........I want to know your seasoned evaluation please.

....just kidding about the "hurry up" part....let the weather be comfortable and ride around for say a hundred miles or so and let those front shocks get happy before you judge!

Cheers!

reply to 7125

Hey Gabe!

..........Let us know what you think about those progressive monotube front shocks after you gettum'.....I saw them and considered placing them on my 2016 TG but recently decided to go with the Legend Axeos.

....what do you think about those DK 14" pro action shocks and I think you got the "comfort lift kit" too?

Cheers!

Hey Gabe!

..........Let us know what you think about those progressive monotube front shocks after you gettum'.....I saw them and considered placing them on my 2016 TG but recently decided to go with the Legend Axeos.

....what do you think about those DK 14" pro action shocks and I think you got the "comfort lift kit" too?

Cheers!

My Service Manager got those spacers. He rode the trike after & loved the ride. Said it was great. Those spacers aren't supposed to be for trikes, but he said someone else had them on their trike,so he knew they fit & got them. I don't have the 14" shocks. They were not available when I got mine,but I do have the lift kit. I will talk to the builder of those shocks, in Pa again & ask his opinion. He is the builder & owner of ProAction. See ya next month in ES, God willing & the creeks don't rise.:gah:

reply to PosseRider

Hey Bill!

.....Oh, guess thats why I hadnt seen those spacers at the HD Dealers before.........Ok, thats cool.......yes, I remember you said you have the 13" ProAction shocks and not the newer 14" ones.................How sad, bein's your the one who "Put me wise" to these shocks last year!

..Well, I just cant imagine exactly "HOW MUCH" difference in the ride there are between the 2 shock shank lengths............Of course, the shocks are pointed at the same angle towards the comfort lift mounts so no difference there.......But, that xtra 1" length of shock shaft = (worth the expense to replace?) = I just don't know as I havent rode on the 13" ones.

.........I mean I can theorize all I want about the shaft differences, but it all means"SQUAT" until I actually experience the ride difference first hand!

.....Well, if you havent resolved the issue by ES gathering, You can ride mine around and evaluate the difference yourself if you wish.

Cheers!

Hey Bill!

.....Oh, guess thats why I hadnt seen those spacers at the HD Dealers before.........Ok, thats cool.......yes, I remember you said you have the 13" ProAction shocks and not the newer 14" ones.................How sad, bein's your the one who "Put me wise" to these shocks last year!

..Well, I just cant imagine exactly "HOW MUCH" difference in the ride there are between the 2 shock shank lengths............Of course, the shocks are pointed at the same angle towards the comfort lift mounts so no difference there.......But, that xtra 1" length of shock shaft = (worth the expense to replace?) = I just don't know as I havent rode on the 13" ones.

.........I mean I can theorize all I want about the shaft differences, but it all means"SQUAT" until I actually experience the ride difference first hand!

.....Well, if you havent resolved the issue by ES gathering, You can ride mine around and evaluate the difference yourself if you wish.

Cheers![/QUOTE

Not sad at all..I dont need the 14. Got the lowdown & will tell ya in ES

Hey Gabe!

....what do you think about those DK 14" pro action shocks and I think you got the "comfort lift kit

Cheers!

DK14 kit was best money so far I will get back on the progressive front end should have it back friday

Hey Bill!!!

Awwwe-Yeahhhh!!! Most nice!!!!...Yes-sah, yes-sah!!! Me LIKES!!!!! I aint just woofin here = I definately Aeee-proooove! That deep blue body color makes that chrome really "POP!" ....I knew it would!

....and FK' NO, I didnt get those chrome wheel spacers!!!! I didn't know about them!!!!.....man, you got me beat there.....If I'd known, I would have got'em cause they look nice and add bling!!! (I like mucho bling obviously)............you'll find those chrome forks are tripple chromed and really resist scratches and dings too!

.......Now hurry up and test those front Axeo shocks! ........I want to know your seasoned evaluation please.

....just kidding about the "hurry up" part....let the weather be comfortable and ride around for say a hundred miles or so and let those front shocks get happy before you judge!

Cheers!

Randy, part #41458-08 front wheel spacers. $49.95

reply to PosseRider

Hey Bill!

Cheers![/QUOTE

Not sad at all..I dont need the 14. Got the lowdown & will tell ya in ES

Will do!

another reply to PosseRider

...........Uhhhh, I just checked and your right = doesnt say it fits me' Trike.....I obviously see it fits yours.......but I have that 19" Freewheeler low profile tire front wheel....sooooooo, I'ze gonna has-ta-ask someone at dealer me thinks about putting those spacers on mine...I will if It fits...........If Ize aint-real- show....denz-I-wont.

...I may have to live with you havin' 1 up on me!

AXEO

Got it back. Not ridden yet. Snow one day & now heavy rains for a couple temps dropping again. Took some pics & yes I got the wheel caps,but,did you get the spacers too? Hope ya can see them.View attachment 56172View attachment 56173View attachment 56174View attachment 56175

Hi Bill,

How did the Legend AXEO's work out? Who is your dealer? Buckminn's wants $650 labor just to replace a leaking seal. I am thinking I should do an upgrade since the labor should be about the same.

Barry, the Legends were great on my 16. Bought a 20 & they didn't have them for a 20 at that time,so I now have ProAction frt & rear. My dealer is no longer with HD. But they still have the shop. Shades M/C Richmond ,In been with them for last 4 bikes. no hd warranty work but will do aftermarket warrantees. I still go there for work that is not warranty. as soon as warranty ends (Mar 21) I will get ESP from Jim Palmer. Sponser here. You going to Maggie Valley gathering ?

Hi Bill,

How did the Legend AXEO's work out? Who is your dealer? Buckminn's wants $650 labor just to replace a leaking seal. I am thinking I should do an upgrade since the labor should be about the same.

Shades only charged me 600 to install Frt & Rear susp on my 20.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png