• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Yellowstone Part 2

Reaction score
OK Folks, Uncle Willie again. In continuing with my YELLOWSTONE thread I have a connected question. As it turns out my physician in view of some recent

events tells me that for next several months no more than 150-250 miles a day in the saddle! Since Old Faithful is 2500 plus miles RT from OKC guess I’m going to have to put

it in a trailer because if at all possible I don’t want to miss this trip with 10 friends!

Question: TriGlide measures a tight 57” across the stern and looking at “YouAll” trailer

rentals their 5’x9’ isn’t a full 60” inside. Length isn’t the issue (8’). So if I go to

larger trailer it’s 6’x12’ which seems overkill. Both trailers come with ramps ( which I have to have)

I hate hauling in open trailer but cargo trailers as far as I know don’t come with ramps.

All ideas and info much appreciated! :cool:

Lay it on me brothers and sisters.

Well I don't have an answer for ya Willie. But I'm sittin here wonderin, just how the heck they come up with these numbers. Does he actually ride a bike? Sorta like when my knee was bothering me joggin. Doc my knee starts botherin me at 4 miles. Well you should never jog more than 3 then.:xzqxz:

Well I don't have an answer for ya Willie. But I'm sittin here wonderin, just how the heck they come up with these numbers. Does he actually ride a bike? Sorta like when my knee was bothering me joggin. Doc my knee starts botherin me at 4 miles. Well you should never jog more than 3 then.:xzqxz:

As I understand they base on hours not miles don’t ask me how they know but the must be Real Smart because they have more cars and houses than me!🙄

The real problem William is the trailers have a lip where the ramp seats against it. Even if barely wider then 57 inchs then you would be having to be REAL careful getting it on and off not to scratch the side of the fenders. I would go with the wider one and have a comfortable clearance. ALSO IF IT IS AN OPEN TRAILER do not COVER YOUR TRIKE. The cover even if only moving slightly over the long haul will scratch your paint. Better off having to clean the trike. You would anyway if your were riding it. An enclosed trailer would be nice if you can find one to rent.

GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN

The real problem William is the trailers have a lip where the ramp seats against it. Even if barely wider then 57 inchs then you would be having to be REAL careful getting it on and off not to scratch the side of the fenders. I would go with the wider one and have a comfortable clearance. ALSO IF IT IS AN OPEN TRAILER do not COVER YOUR TRIKE. The cover even if only moving slightly over the long haul will scratch your paint. Better off having to clean the trike. You would anyway if your were riding it. An enclosed trailer would be nice if you can find one to rent.

GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN

Gorilla:

Thx for info. Good sense! You’re right, too much invested to scratch up!

Ride often.

Be well

Be happy

Uncle Willie

Willie , haul the ours with no issues on a open landscape trailer. Been on there 1500 miles with no issues. Do like no cover. Good secured choke block, soft ties, real good 2" ratchet straps [don't be cheap here].Don't compress suspension when tying down. Bigest issue is loading and unloading that exhaust don't drag or catch. Ramps that are 50" and a good stout jack on trailer are needed. You can then leave trailer attached while cranking jack to decrees angle for loading and unloading. Would not want to skinny of a trailer for sure. Enjoy your trip hope this helps.

Willie , haul the ours with no issues on a open landscape trailer. Been on there 1500 miles with no issues. Do like no cover. Good secured choke block, soft ties, real good 2" ratchet straps [don't be cheap here].Don't compress suspension when tying down. Bigest issue is loading and unloading that exhaust don't drag or catch. Ramps that are 50" and a good stout jack on trailer are needed. You can then leave trailer attached while cranking jack to decrees angle for loading and unloading. Would not want to skinny of a trailer for sure. Enjoy your trip hope this helps.

Thanks for info! One other thing:

what kind of loss of milage pulling a trailer?

We have a Chev 1500 gas 4x4 crew. Get from 14-18 depending on the landscape hills ,flat ect.

I tow with an open 6'x10' utility trailer with mounted wheel chock and good straps. Just wash trike when you get where you're going. My gate is my ramp and I found it needed to be on plane with the trailer bed to avoid scraping the pipes. I bring a 12" offset receiver with me that I put on once parked to raise the front of the trailer to give me an almost straight shot offloading. I guess you also could carry wheel ramps to raise back of your truck up but the extra receiver packs easier.

I bring a 12" offset receiver with me that I put on once parked to raise the front of the trailer to give me an almost straight shot offloading. I guess you also could carry wheel ramps to raise back of your truck up but the extra receiver packs easier.

I can usually find a curb to back up to, IE driveway or such. This allows the truck to be on the road and the ramp on the curb or drive way. Makes the ramp angle less.

A small suggestion?

Get a lift kit and raise the back end of your bike up a might?

Maybe keep you from dragging exhaust fenders etc?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png