Newbie from Ireland

Rockie

Mar 7, 2018
Ireland
Hi all,just joined forum as I am interested in buying a trike.As with all new members I will be trying to soak up as much info as I can.I am in 2 minds at the moment.Trike my Harley Ultra CVO OR BUY A Triglide.Im a young 51 and hv a Roadking,Ultra CVO and an African Twin.Reason for trike is my wife won’t travel on 2 wheels,to nervous.Also when my 2 Grandsons are a little bigger,it would be ideal.

I hv never ridden a 3 wheel and am a bit worried I won’t like.Ireland is a small bike market so no dealer will hold a trike to test drive.Roads in Ireland are a bit mixed:good motorways and dual carriage way but also a lot of secondary roads uneven and potholes.like my comforts on the road as I suffer a bit with back pain.Then the ? Of rigid suspension of the triglide or independent of the triked bike.Also reliability and insurance coverage.Any ideas and point of view most welcome.

Mike ' Welcome to Trike -Talk.......:wave4:....From New Jersey....

I loved both of my Tri-Glide's.....But i have to admit the ride over pot holes is harsh to say the least....:Shrug:

Thanks mike,u say loved:Do u not hv a trike now.how bad is bad on bad roads if u get my drift 😳.

:welcome: Youzer, Ireland 🇮🇪 beautiful country :clapping: I’m sure Triking ain’t that popular as it is here in the states, good luck on the quest.

Hi 1sn,thanks for reply.we only hv 3 HD dealers in the whole country and they may hv sold 1 or 2 in last few years.ud very seldom c any type of trike on the road.most insurance motorbike company’s won’t insure them

Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania USA. Poke around this Forum ask a few more questions and I'm sure you will be well informed with the problem you are facing. All the things are asking I'm sure have been addressed before. :D Travel safe Fred

Thanks for all the welcome.my biggest fear is buying or triking and then regretting.bought CVO Ultra so wife with join me on trips but she is too nervous on it.My girls enjoyed odd spin but all over 20 now and hv more important things to do then driving around with old man 😳.looking forward to going threw fourm for all the answers.

Thanks Fuzzy.What trike Do u hv and what’s it like for comfort and reliably.

I've owned a Tri Glide and a Honda Gold Wing 1800 converted. Both have their pluses and minuses. Both are fairly comfortable. I will say, you'll never get the comfort from three wheels you get from 2, IMHO. But the stability and ease of driving a trike compared to holding up a big bike is huge.

I recommend you try to test ride a lot of trikes and go with what speaks to your heart.

Hi Michael.

:welcome: to the Trike Talk Family.

You are on the right path to finding answers to your questions here on Trike Talk.ThumbUp

As has already been said, spend some time reading the various threads posted here.

You will find a wealth of good information along with a lot of opinions on trikes that are available.

Come visit the States and test ride a few. Your final decision will be much easier.

Best of luck on your researchThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png