Is this REAL! 2018 GW CSC Encore

If it were MY design I would re-design the mold to include storage compartments on both sides of the top trunk and not leave that flat space on top of the wheels.

But, MOST IMPORTANTLY.... I would re-design the top trunk to open SIDEWAYS, like Harley’s trunk. When there is luggage strapped on that backseat or a passenger perched there and you need into that top trunk you can barely get the trunk open because it opens toward the passenger seat - much less reach in and get what you need....SORRY design for YEARS!

Not bad looking - the first design I've seen for the 2018 Wings. Judging from the website, I would think it is a rendering, and the actual product may vary when it comes out for sale. (Kuryakyn does this all the time for new products in their catalogue)

If it were MY design I would re-design the mold to include storage compartments on both sides of the top trunk and not leave that flat space on top of the wheels.

But, MOST IMPORTANTLY.... I would re-design the top trunk to open SIDEWAYS, like Harley’s trunk. When there is luggage strapped on that backseat or a passenger perched there and you need into that top trunk you can barely get the trunk open because it opens toward the passenger seat - much less reach in and get what you need....SORRY design for YEARS!

The Harley one is just as tough to get into with luggage on it or a passenger .... maybe a little easier when there's a passenger. By putting it opening from the side, you add lots of stress to the trunk that is minimized by the weight of the lid being supported by an area of the trunk that can be beefed up without deterring from the look of the bike. Plus when you open it from the side, and your a little vertically challenged, sometimes there are things in the front left corner you can't reach. Just my humble opinion ... i'd like to see HD move the hinge to the back of the passenger.

Crack.jpg

This is what happens if the wind gets the lid, or, you let it swing quickly open ... thank goodness for warrantee ... this was on my 15 tri ... sorry to hijack the thread. Now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

As for the picture ... kind of kewl ... I'm guessing maybe a "leaked" design prototype ... but really neat looking.

If you go to CSC's Facebook page you will see several pictures of the trike at Daytona Bike Week.

Curiously though, neither CSC or Hannigan, who also has new trike at Daytona, or Roadsmith has said anything about a modified front end. Maybe it doesn't need it or they just haven't addressed it yet. ?????

Disappointed in the New Encore

I currently have a 2004 GL1800 Lehman trike that I.M.O. looks factory (not like an add on). Unfortunately, I emailed Champion/Lehman this week in which they stated "No plans at this time for kits". I was completely surprised to say the least. My second choice in a trike kit "was" CSC. I've been waiting for CSC to come out with their kits simply due to looking factory (not like an add on) as my Lehman does. I.M.O. the Viper looks awesome. Actually, I was holding off until the CSC trikes hit the showroom floors before purchasing the new 2018 wing. I've been waiting in great anticipation for a new sportier design to match this new 2018 but......... Now that I've seen the picture, I'm highly disappointed. I.M.O., the oem Honda trunk looks odd as if it's just sitting on top of the trike kit. In other words, picture a basketball sitting in the center of a square table.

I am extremely surprised that CSC didn't make the kit sportier to match the lines of this new wing. I.M.O., the engineers should have spent more time in following the lines/shape making it more tailored to the new sportier look of this wing.I'm not trying to bash CSC..... I've had two of their cargo trailers and love them and plan on another for this new wing. I sincerely believe their trike kits and trailers are top quality in build, paint, etc. I have also used their customer support directly which is also top notch.

I do like the lighting on the Encore which matches up real well. In addition, the lighting across the lower rear and ground effects looks awesome. Please keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I'm sure there are others that feel quite the opposite. For me, I'm just disappointed in the new upper flat portion of the design. :(

I currently have a 2004 GL1800 Lehman trike that I.M.O. looks factory (not like an add on). Unfortunately, I emailed Champion/Lehman this week in which they stated "No plans at this time for kits". I was completely surprised to say the least. My second choice in a trike kit "was" CSC. I've been waiting for CSC to come out with their kits simply due to looking factory (not like an add on) as my Lehman does. I.M.O. the Viper looks awesome. Actually, I was holding off until the CSC trikes hit the showroom floors before purchasing the new 2018 wing. I've been waiting in great anticipation for a new sportier design to match this new 2018 but......... Now that I've seen the picture, I'm highly disappointed. I.M.O., the oem Honda trunk looks odd as if it's just sitting on top of the trike kit. In other words, picture a basketball sitting in the center of a square table.

I am extremely surprised that CSC didn't make the kit sportier to match the lines of this new wing. I.M.O., the engineers should have spent more time in following the lines/shape making it more tailored to the new sportier look of this wing.I'm not trying to bash CSC..... I've had two of their cargo trailers and love them and plan on another for this new wing. I sincerely believe their trike kits and trailers are top quality in build, paint, etc. I have also used their customer support directly which is also top notch.

I do like the lighting on the Encore which matches up real well. In addition, the lighting across the lower rear and ground effects looks awesome. Please keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I'm sure there are others that feel quite the opposite. For me, I'm just disappointed in the new upper flat portion of the design. :(

Don't be negative about your opinion. That's why there are more that one manufacturer out there. We all do not have the same tastes. You stated what did not please you and that's okay. You did not bash the product itself. The other big guys just have not shown their design yet. Maybe one of them will knock your socks off. A new 18 GW with a new conversion is going to be big dollars so it needs to knock your socks off. Good Luck ride safe

Don't be negative about your opinion. That's why there are more that one manufacturer out there. We all do not have the same tastes. You stated what did not please you and that's okay. You did not bash the product itself. The other big guys just have not shown their design yet. Maybe one of them will knock your socks off. A new 18 GW with a new conversion is going to be big dollars so it needs to knock your socks off. Good Luck ride safe

Thank you for understanding my opinion...... You are so right, everyone has their own tastes and I wouldn't want it any other way. I can't wait to see the final CSC trike kit along with the other big manufacturer's as well. Thanks again for your input. Ray :)

If you go to CSC's Facebook page you will see several pictures of the trike at Daytona Bike Week.

Curiously though, neither CSC or Hannigan, who also has new trike at Daytona, or Roadsmith has said anything about a modified front end. Maybe it doesn't need it or they just haven't addressed it yet. ?????

I was wondering the same thing.

The front ends are being modified by all the trike kit manufacturers. Also, I dont see a picture of the CSC trike at Daytona on their Facebook page?

Heeeey there you know that I would re-design the top trunk to open SIDEWAYS, like Harley’s trunk. When there is luggage strapped on that backseat or a passenger perched there and you need here into that top trunk you can barely get the trunk open because it opens toward the passenger seat - much less reach in and get what you need

HA! See there? See there? Another who agrees with my Post #4 on this thread! :clapping:

Heeeey there you know that I would re-design the top trunk to open SIDEWAYS, like Harley’s trunk. When there is luggage strapped on that backseat or a passenger perched there and you need here into that top trunk you can barely get the trunk open because it opens toward the passenger seat - much less reach in and get what you need

Also...Tammera....welcome to TrikeTalk from west Texas!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png