Maggie Valley 2018 Registration & Info

Go ahead Swabby, lay it on me. PM me with some info. As I said, I'm in the Outhouse so needs to be a relatively low cost of living. Would you consider me parking a trailer in your yard? LOL

Don’t know what type work you are doing but they are SCREAMING for help out here in the oilfields of west Texas and southeastern New Mexico (aka, the Permian Basin). We have a major boom going again. You’d have to bring your trailer - no place else to live. They are building apartments and houses as fast as they can and gouging like crazy, but can’t keep up. The trailer sales lots are going bonkers.

Best of luck to you.

Paws, thanks for the info however I think they would be looking for someone a bit younger.(even though I claim to be 49).

If I was 30 years younger I would probably go for it.

Life in eastern TN.

Dave,

I tried to PM you but it says I don't have permission to send you PM messages. So, if you can PM me with some areas or towns in that would be of interest in Easter TN, that would be fantastic. I will google them and then decide if I will check them out on my trip south. Thanks

Hey bro, I can't reach you via PM either.

Sara and I have lived in NY and are tired of snow and cold, and the high cost of living, we lived in south Florida for 30 years and got tired of the sweltering summer heat, tired of hurricanes & tornadoes, tired of high taxes, tired of paying more for basic living expenses, and fed up with outrageous home owner insurance costs. That said, I did a study on the weather everywhere in the USA before moving here, and concluded that the only place for us to live was in the pie shaped eastern tip of Tennessee that is protected by mountains all around. I have discovered since that this area has a mild winter and a mild summer thanks to the mountains, and that you can ride a bike or trike year round. (The weather and the road pavement are too hot in FL during the summer for daytime rides, so if you want to take a ride, make it a late afternoon or evening ride.)

Housing here is dirt cheap! We have a bi-level brick 1825 sq' home on nearly an acre of property with a giant 2 car+ basement garage (I have had a camping trailer and 2 vehicles in it), a family room with a fireplace and 3 bedrooms & 2 1/2 baths that would sell for less than $150,000 - in FL or NY it would be a $400,000 home!

The biggest benefit of the area is that the people here are very friendly & unusually honest, and not out to get the contents of your wallet! In NY & FL people are too busy trying to survive to waste any time talking, but it is a simple matter here to engage in a conversation when you are shopping, eating out or taking trike rides. People will communicate with you, and not look at you like you are some kind of a nut!

Sara and I spent the better part of a lifetime looking for a GREAT place to live, and we found it some 10 years ago!

I will be praying for some light to shine into the confusion that has come your way.

May you be healthy, happy & blessed,

Dave

Chaplain Dave

we are going to have to talk as Judy and I much like you are tired of the city and taxes etc.. We are looking to relocate somewhere. What you describe sounds perfect

my one question is how's the fishing?

Lot's of lakes & rivers here!

Chaplain Dave, we are going to have to talk as Judy and I much like you are tired of the city and taxes etc.. We are looking to relocate somewhere. What you describe sounds perfect. My one question is how's the fishing?

Hey bro, I am not kidding when I say eastern TN is a fisherman's paradise. If you look at a map that shows you where the water is, you will find tributaries to the Holston River everywhere. We have lots of small lakes, and some big one's created by the TVA during WW II for conservation and electricity for the Oak Ridge atomic research lab. I am not a fisherman, but judging from the number of bass type boats you see everywhere, you can bet they are not for Sunday rides! Type "fishing in eastern TN" in your Web browser, and you will get some 12,800,000 answers! There are many public launch sites, and at least a couple of them within 3 miles of where I live. You see a lot of waders too, so apparently you do not need to have a boat to get the fish.

We are surrounded by mountains that provide us with water, but if you like trike rides that have lots of turns, our mountains provide them also. If you look at a terrain map you will find our pie shaped end of TN has mountains everywhere, and they protect us from the storms of winter and the sometimes violent storms of summer. Virginia is east of us and you would think they would have milder weather, but they do not! Storms are directed around us by our mountains, and when they hit the Shenandoah mountains in VA, they drop all our snow and bad weather there! We also have a road called the snake that is like the dragon at Deals Gap. The snake has the turns of the dragon, but here we have shoulders and wider roads, so we don't the daily accident's of the dragon.

Our taxes are around $1200 a year because we live in a incorporated township, if you live on non-incorporated land, taxes are probably $400 less. Car insurance is around $500 a year, and my trike insurance is $135 a year. I don't think you will find a cheaper place to live, and I can say that from experience. Although as I told Dennis, the best part about eastern TN is that most people here (even newbies like Sara and I) have the mentality of "mountain folks," and are very communicative and very accepting of new people. Each of us sorta makes a stand on who we are, and I like that.

Sara and I have experienced life in the north and life in the south, and I can honestly say that our move to TN some 10 years ago, was the best move we ever made!

Take care,

Chaplain Dave

Hey bro, I am not kidding when I say eastern TN is a fisherman's paradise. If you look at a map that shows you where the water is, you will find tributaries to the Holston River everywhere. We have lots of small lakes, and some big one's created by the TVA during WW II for conservation and electricity for the Oak Ridge atomic research lab. I am not a fisherman, but judging from the number of bass type boats you see everywhere, you can bet they are not for Sunday rides! Type "fishing in eastern TN" in your Web browser, and you will get some 12,800,000 answers! There are many public launch sites, and at least a couple of them within 3 miles of where I live. You see a lot of waders too, so apparently you do not need to have a boat to get the fish.

We are surrounded by mountains that provide us with water, but if you like trike rides that have lots of turns, our mountains provide them also. If you look at a terrain map you will find our pie shaped end of TN has mountains everywhere, and they protect us from the storms of winter and the sometimes violent storms of summer. Virginia is east of us and you would think they would have milder weather, but they do not! Storms are directed around us by our mountains, and when they hit the Shenandoah mountains in VA, they drop all our snow and bad weather there! We also have a road called the snake that is like the dragon at Deals Gap. The snake has the turns of the dragon, but here we have shoulders and wider roads, so we don't the daily accident's of the dragon.

Our taxes are around $1200 a year because we live in a incorporated township, if you live on non-incorporated land, taxes are probably $400 less. Car insurance is around $500 a year, and my trike insurance is $135 a year. I don't think you will find a cheaper place to live, and I can say that from experience. Although as I told Dennis, the best part about eastern TN is that most people here (even newbies like Sara and I) have the mentality of "mountain folks," and are very communicative and very accepting of new people. Each of us sorta makes a stand on who we are, and I like that.

Sara and I have experienced life in the north and life in the south, and I can honestly say that our move to TN some 10 years ago, was the best move we ever made!

Take care,

Chaplain Dave

THANK YOU

Sounds like my kinda heaven

looking forward to talking more in Maggie Valley

Howdy folks,

Several have contacted me about organizing events and rides for the the MV Gathering.

I started the ball rolling by contacting Zook so we could get the hotel. Unfortunately, with my job situation and preparing my house to sell, my plate is totally full and I'm not even getting into the stress factor(s).

We have may good people attending and I'm sure if you post ideas here and get feedback or suggestions from others I am confident everything will run smoothly.

As I have already told one member, sometimes you can have too much scheduled. I know I go to relax and do a few new rides and meet folks with the same interest. After a thousand mile ride down (in 2 days or less), just sitting back with a beer suits me just fine.

I'm going to try to get name tags made up and I will bring with me for the registration.

Chaplain Dave mentioned Ride Waivers......Randy, do you have those on hand already? If so, we would need them for check in.

Also mentioned by Chaplain Dave was trike games, poker run and 50/50 raffle.

Let's all have a discussion and see what we would like to do. Just keep in mind, not everyone may participate or have the $$ to donate or participate in every event.

Fishing in eastern Tennessee

Chaplain Dave, we are going to have to talk as Judy and I much like you are tired of the city and taxes etc.. We are looking to relocate somewhere. What you describe sounds perfect. My one question is how's the fishing?

Hey bro! I just ran across this on fishing in eastern TN and thought of you! Apparently the fish are just there waiting for your lure! Bluff City is about 30 miles southeast of us and closer to the Smokies; that means more of the benefits of winter, although there is never any ice and you can fish year round with waders or a boat.

https://www.tnvacation.com/articles/fishing-tennessee

The South Fork Holston River in Bluff City may quite possibly be the best trout fishery east of the Mississippi River. South Fork Holston River tailwater below South Holston Lake provides 18 miles of fishable water. The population of rainbow and brown trout in the river has been estimated at 6,000 fish per mile, and has trout up to 20 inches long.

Chaplain Dave

Fish Fry?

Can you say......FISH FRY?

Hey, you gotta catch 'em first! Our Tennessee rivers offers you the potential for a good meal - HOWEVER - our fish are trained to give you a fight and not jump into your fish box! And if you are a Yankee, our fish definitely will try your patience and fishing ability. Our fish can tell the difference between a Yankee lure and a Confederate lure, and they prefer the lures of the redneck good ole boys, they get the fish when no one else can! All things said, it is more fun talking about fishing than doing it; if it's a nice day - a trike ride suits me just fine!

The article I posted on fishing TN rivers, says the eastern Holston River has some 6000 trout per mile. That number makes me think that even I could catch a trout if I tried!

I do love fish! All the super markets around here sell them, and I love the do it yourself aspect of taking your pick from their display!

CD (Chaplain Dave)

You can be a very funny guy sometimes CD. LOL

I have caught fish all over the USA, Korea and Germany. I think this Yankee can trick a couple of your confederate fish to take the bait.

BTW, I'm looking at several small Log cabins. One is on the lake at Mountain City and the other is in Crosby. Lake cabin is extremely rustic but the price is right. I will bring my tools. Need to give the agent a call back since I think he lost my email address LOL.

You got me going when you asked about fish fries! LOL!

You can be a very funny guy sometimes CD. LOL I have caught fish all over the USA, Korea and Germany. I think this Yankee can trick a couple of your confederate fish to take the bait. BTW, I'm looking at several small Log cabins. One is on the lake at Mountain City and the other is in Crosby. Lake cabin is extremely rustic but the price is right. I will bring my tools. Need to give the agent a call back since I think he lost my email address LOL.

Both cabins are in boon-dock locations, and subject to having more cold and more snow thanks to their proximity to the Smokies, particularly the Mountain City location. If a rustic location is what you want, either location should please you. Likely there will be no building codes, and you can do whatever you want with your property.

Being older I prefer a non-city country location where I can easily access medical services, go shopping, get gasoline, have quick food, etc. I have 3 auto parts stores within a mile or two, and it's nice for when I need some kind of auto part.

I hope you find exactly what you are looking for, in fact, I will pray for that to happen! Be blessed!

CD (Chaplain Dave)

Please remove us from the registration "Bill Risley." I have canceled the Best Western ,so if someone needs a room at host, it just opened up.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png