Why a Sidecar ?

Today is Parade day. Waupun Truck show ? Make a Wish motorcycle ride. An event they look forward to every year. One on the bike one in the sidecar. Any children wanting a ride before and after will get one.

Because today 2 bikes with sidecar provided most of the rides for people in a retirement home. The oldest to ride was 98 most were over 80. Some of the extended family road also.

Everyone had a great day. Picture will follow when I get them.

Why a sidecar and then why a bigger one. The bigger one allows two grandchildren to ride in comfort at the same time. The flip up hatch make getting Payton in and out easier as she grows. Larger more comfortable seat for my wife. With the new hack We can take a real wheel chair along and it is not in the way. Riding has been a big part of our life for a long time. While how we ride changes as we age it will be a part of our life for some time to come. Maybe the day will come my grandchildren will have to give me rides. That would be cool.

Cooler weather and fall rain the sidecar extends the riding season for the grandchildren.

Because it is DEC 27 in Wisconsin. No major snow yet but dusting now and then wide range of temps. And with the sidecar Grandchildren and Grandpa are still riding.

Question 4u

leading link is one i built

used to build a lot of them but raked trees have become so much cheaper i dont get much call...still like the fact that the LL has adjustable trail and its not a big deal to change springs an shocks

Hello Stacebg

I ask you a couple of questions yesterday in a post and I'm not sure if you seen it or not. I could really use some help figuring out the shocks I need for a leading link. I hope you get this, if not I must be doing something wrong. TIA

Scott

LL

that is awesome!!

great to get them involved at a young age

and yes a sidecar rig can be very safe but can be dangerous with the wrong nut behind the bars..

i had a kz1300 w a legend sidecar... very comfortable ... never had any interest in a hack at all but at the time my daughter was 5 or 6 and i had the kz (set aside to be a trike) and legend came available for $1500 and was only a couple yrs old... lotta fun miles.. liked it so much i kept it long after she started riding on the back

(with her mom) on the vmax trike

did you do anything with the front end?

Hi Stacebg,

I thought I was replying to your post at the end of this thread, not sure if your were notified of it or not. I'll try it this way. I just have a couple of questions for you about leading links.

Scott

Hi Stacebg,

I thought I was replying to your post at the end of this thread, not sure if your were notified of it or not. I'll try it this way. I just have a couple of questions for you about leading links.

Scott

wasnt notified but i did see it

i just used what i had for shocks and got lucky.. but if you have more than on set of holes in the arm you can effectively change the spring rate an with the clamps you can adjust the ride height

Attachments

• P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 154
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    477.4 KB · Views: 125
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 139
wasnt notified but i did see it

i just used what i had for shocks and got lucky.. but if you have more than on set of holes in the arm you can effectively change the spring rate an with the clamps you can adjust the ride height

Thanks for the help. I think I'll run it over to the truck scales and see what the front end weights first. I'm just not sure if I need 100# or 250# springs or something in between. I'm on my second shock on the sidecar and it's still a tad to heavy and I don't want to chase my tail on this if I don't have to. Scott

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png