Brake flushing order? MT Conversion

Aug 1, 2017
Covington, KY, US
All-

I have an '08 GL1800 with a MT conversion (solid axle).

What's the correct order for flushing the brakes? I've done it on my 2 wheeler, but not the trike.

I have it up on jack stands and ready to go,BUT I don't know the correct order!

Thanks in advance-

John

All-

I have an '08 GL1800 with a MT conversion (solid axle).

What's the correct order for flushing the brakes? I've done it on my 2 wheeler, but not the trike.

I have it up on jack stands and ready to go,BUT I don't know the correct order!

Thanks in advance-

John

As I recall John you deal with both trike brakes as you would just the single two wheel rear brake. Always bleed the farthest away from the master cylinder ( in this case the Left Rear) first. Then bleed the Right Rear. Remember to pump the brake peddle/lever slowly and release it slowly. The 1800s are extra finicky about reacting to fast peddle/lever action.

Hope that helps. :xszpv: :xszpv:

Brake Line Connections

8. Bleed the rear brakes. Before you start, loosen the straps that are compressing the front suspension so the bike is at ride height. Keep the tire clamped in the tire vise.

9. Start with the left caliper. Attach your bleeder hose to the bleeder screw at the top of the caliper. Open the bleeder screw and slowly pump the rear brake until there is a steady stream of brake fluid. Close the bleeder screw. Bleed Top Two Bleeders On Both Calipers

Do Not Bleed Bottom Two Bleeders

10. Attach the bleeder hose to the 2nd bleeder screw from the top on the same caliper. Open the bleeder screw until there is a steady stream of fluid.

11. Repeat this process for the right side.

12. Once the system has been mass bled you will need to pressure bleed. Have an assistant press the rear brake pedal 4-8 times and hold the pedal down firmly on the final stroke. Open the bleeder valve and allow fluid and air to escape. Close the bleeder valve then have your assistant release the pedal. Repeat the procedure until there is no air coming from the bleeder. Repeat the process for the remaining bleeders

Attachments

• BLEEDING PROCEDURE.pdf
    72.2 KB · Views: 78

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png