Blue Ridge Parkway

A little help from my Friends.....Planning on a Blue Ridge Parkway run from Asheville, NC up to Bedford, VA in July. Can I make the leap of faith that it will be open by that time? I looked yesterday and it's closed everywhere. Enlighten me please - and thanks

jc

You will be good then. Used to live about 20 miles off the BRP. Watch yer speed the Park Rangers run radar.

If you're camping, Willville at Meadows of the Dan is just off the parkway at hwy 58. Motorcycle only CG and has a cabin you can rent if you're not tenting. Always a lot of nice motorcycle people there.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up from all. I was aware that the Parkway was closed at numerous points along the way {Winter}, but was hoping the insane weather we had this winter, had not effected the opening. Mud and rock slides.....

Never gave camping a thought - But a MC only area with a Cabin......will be all over that in the morning!

jc

The BRP is a spectacular ride. I've done it from end to end three times and can't wait to do it again. One of my favorite rides. Enjoy!

We have a function in Bedford ~ So we are gonna jam the HWY to get there. Then slow ride down to Asheville, NC ~ Thru Maggie Valley - Lodge at the bottom of the Dragon. Then on thru the Cherohala Parkway....then home to Clarksville. I get giddy just writing it!! Lol

Sounds like a fun ride!

We have a function in Bedford ~ So we are gonna jam the HWY to get there. Then slow ride down to Asheville, NC ~ Thru Maggie Valley - Lodge at the bottom of the Dragon. Then on thru the Cherohala Parkway....then home to Clarksville. I get giddy just writing it!! Lol

Looking at staying in Clarksville on way to Tx Hill Country gathering in the Fall

The Blue Ridge parkway is my favorite ride. The scenery is just awesome whether on two wheels or three. There is an app for the Parkway on Google play. There is a wealth of information found there including points of interest, gas stops and more. Be safe, Rev. J.

screenshot.41.jpg

On my way back home from Rolling Thunder every year, I take the Skyline Drive/BRP/Cherohala Skyway. It is wide open then = end of May. If you're in a hurry - forgetaboutit.

The first time I rode it, I stopped at all the lookouts. Don't do that anymore - I'm just in it for the ride now. You WILL enjoy it no matter how much or how little you ride it.

Looking at staying in Clarksville on way to Tx Hill Country gathering in the Fall

Hey! Let us know...can't promise we will be home, but as of now nothing on the ride calendar! I know it adds maybe 4 hrs to your trip....But the Natchez Trace is a pretty cool ride. Natchez, MS is close to Baton Rouge and other southern options for the ride in to Texas. 444 miles of smooth ribbon roads with no stop lights/ signs and no commercial vehicles. Can't say it stands up the the Blue Ridge Parkway...but not a bad way to ride...

On my way back home from Rolling Thunder every year, I take the Skyline Drive/BRP/Cherohala Skyway. It is wide open then = end of May. If you're in a hurry - forgetaboutit.

The first time I rode it, I stopped at all the lookouts. Don't do that anymore - I'm just in it for the ride now. You WILL enjoy it no matter how much or how little you ride it.

Done that area a couple of times too and it never gets old....My favorite sign as you get into the Cherohala going west:

Road Sign dt.jpg

The BRP is a spectacular ride. I've done it from end to end three times and can't wait to do it again. One of my favorite rides. Enjoy!

Second that. One many miss is to ride a portion on a clear night. Switch off your lights and the stars above plus the lights below give the impression of being in space. Slowly of course.

Done that area a couple of times too and it never gets old....My favorite sign as you get into the Cherohala going west:

View attachment 55987

Yes!!! That is an amazing piece of road...both fun to ride, and fantastic scenery!

Here's a little video of the last time I was on it...2016 on the Sporty-

4 of us were riding together...Carl on the Road King, myself and Blake on the Sportsters and Devin on the Street Glide.

Cherohala%20Scenic_zpshhnsajxq.jpg

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png