Insurers ( Want to know companies that insure Trikes )

Murcury does not , and Progressive is out so I'm looking for other options , any help appreciated ...

I had Formost for many years, And then they went crazy with their rates... 15 or 20 years with them never made a claim or got a ticket...

.Now im with Geico and at half the new rates that Foremost wanted...

All State does also, can be expensive because they also go off engine size, I know this because it is who I had a few years back.

The previous insurance company for the my Trike was State Farm and the lady only paid 98.00 a year on it, not sure if we all can get such a low rate, but that is who I will be checking out in a week or sooner.

I have State Farm for 3 years now and the rate has not gone up. Your cost will depend on what kind of over all coverage you have and deductible amount.

Hello, In 45 years of bikes I've tried a lot of companies in 5 different states. I've found Gieco is best for me. My trike is registered in La. as an '84 Yamaha with liability only. I pay $99. a year and that includes towing. I've been with them about 10 years this time in 2 different states and they have never gone up and they have been great to deal with. Thanks for your time

Hello, In 45 years of bikes I've tried a lot of companies in 5 different states. I've found Gieco is best for me. My trike is registered in La. as an '84 Yamaha with liability only. I pay $99. a year and that includes towing. I've been with them about 10 years this time in 2 different states and they have never gone up and they have been great to deal with. Thanks for your time

How far will they tow it? What's the deductible?

Hello, On mine, it is 250 miles max with no deductible to home or a shop. I don't know if that is standard,I did not pick the coverage specifics and I've never asked. Thanks for your time,

By the by, I highly recommend Geico personally.

I have had progressive for the last ten years, never made a claim and only have full coverage on the "new" harley. With four bikes on one policy my multibike discount brings the total to $393.00 a year. I had to put my new (1979) trike on another policy with a vintage goldwing and the premium increase for the trike was under 20 bucks. Of course that is only the required minimums.

If you are a AARP member,Foremost has good coverage and rates---I can only speak being a New Jersey resident.

I had all my bike ,trike and side-by insured by foremost and probably for more than 20 years....Never made a claim , Never received a traffic ticket , Then i think it was 3 years ago? they sent me a letter that they were raising their rates across the board in NJ...

Thats when i changed to Geico ...at half the rates of foremost .....:Shrug:

I had all my bike ,trike and side-by insured by foremost and probably for more than 20 years....Never made a claim , Never received a traffic ticket , Then i think it was 3 years ago? they sent me a letter that they were raising their rates across the board in NJ...

Thats when i changed to Geico ...at half the rates of foremost .....:Shrug:

If your a good boy , most co’s know that the odds are against ya after a bunch of years. They made there money on ya , so it’s time to weed out the possibilities.

If your a good boy , most co’s know that the odds are against ya after a bunch of years. They made there money on ya , so it’s time to weed out the possibilities.

Yep, Like the Great Leo ''D'' [God rest his soul] once said;

....Nice guys finish last.....:D

Leo was a wordsmith also.....:laugh:

I noticed you posted this in the VW powered thread. A lot of insurers will not insure homemade trikes, if it is homebuilt. You might be fighting an uphill battle. Got a friend in Okla that finally gave up and parked his 'very nice' built trike.

Good luck.

8~\o

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png