Rebel RT

cross over tube

HPIM3583.jpgOK guys I need a little help here, the exhaust cross over tube will hit the frame since I doubled the lower frame. Is the cross over tube "THAT" important? :gah:

I do not recall ever seeing a cross over tube on my bikes exhaust systems, but that was to many years ago. I am sure it is to create a equalized exhaust pressure exiting the pipes, or is it just a noise reducing concept ? Interesting question and I wait to read the answers to it.

WOW, that is clean and lots of room to move around, sure wish my double car garage had more than walking space...…….. I know I just have to shit can all the stuff in the way, but it is the wife's mostly and "it is fine were it is" so she says. Live is wonderful, and better if you have a Trike or some type of project.

Shift linkage

Shift Linkage.jpgFoot rest and shift linkage...EDIT, Both foot rests do not look right so I'll be making my own design with the Rebel foot shifter and keep my feet away from the exhaust pipe...

Shift linkage

Shift Linkage.jpg Playing with the shift linkage, ordered another arm from eBay so I can also foot down for up shifting and will try foot pegs at 8" long to keep my foot away from the exhaust pipe. EDIT This is to see the location of the shift rod, will it miss the upper frame and exhaust? The bracket needs to be 2" from the side of the frame and then 6" more to keep my foot away from the exhaust, I'm thinking 1 1/4 OD x 1/8+ wall...

I could be off the mark here, but looking at the exhaust pipes they seem to have a bend design off the head outward to the side of the engine.Now if you put the left side pipe on the right side, and the right side pipe on the the left side of engine, the would the bend be inward from both pipes.Now I just realized they pipes do not have enough down ward length to ride under the frame down the center, plus the rear tire gets in way.So now custom pipes, thinking I might have taken that route myself, basically because I do not like my legs around the exhaust pipes. If they did go down the center under the engine, than a short 30 or 60 degree bend to make them come out the side, behind passenger seat would be ideal, but behind rider seat would look sporty. Wonder how load open pipes on that engine would sound. The width of the front end does allow you top bring out the foot pegs as far as you need, key is long as all is safe and comfy for you.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png