Rebel RT

True that, being to low to the ground does have disadvantages on the road way's.

I thought it was just to low for a comfortable ride position, but I am a small person, so it kinda looked good for a larger person, just what I seen. Not a lot of fiberglass work for me, but I have done some, and very interested in watching you work and how it can be done. Maybe I will learn more about this area.

Thanks for sharing this project with the site.

oh yes, that started years ago, two tool box's. One is full of standard sockets and wrench's, the other is all metric that I have gotten over the years.I am actually amazed at how many times I have used this 33mm socket I got years ago, at the time I thought spend this $ for a one time need! Crazy, but all has paid for itself in the long run.So is the Rebel going to be metric and standard size's ? Sounds like this will be fun for sure.

RebelRouser

Thank you guy's, you are so right, I went from building hot rods to muscle car rebuilding and they both priced me out and the tools were not metric so here I go with Harbor Freight 12 point impact sockets (20% off heeheehee). I have the DeWalt impact wrench I used on independent suspensions and a hand held (smack it with a hammer) Allen head bits with cross point bit.HPIM3420.JPG

Fill me in if I am wrong about doing this. Okay from what I have gathered there are a few possible ways of attching the fender to the metal support arms.

After the uprights are made I will work the inside area of the fender were all mounts, can attach using super adhesive, or by rivets. Once that is done that I can work the fiberglass and cloth over the metal, sandwich the metal, and after all is dry it should be good to go. Oh if I drill some holes in the mounting area of the metal than more resin will in case it, or is that short cut fiber hair what I want to use when matting the two surfaces together?

The other way was to use 18 gauge metal and bend it to the inside shape of fender and attach it to the fender. The idea was it would be more workable and form to the fender easier, in turn should make a good solid attached bracket. Now I can just screw the fender and bracket onto the upright supports.

I would like to do it the most secure way, so does individual upright supports screwed to fender bracket provide more solidness in the set up, or does a upright support attached solid to fender provide more ? first is 3 pieces and the later method would be all one piece. Yes one has to put the fender over the tire and on the spacers and than slide the axle thru it all. Just looking for the better method I guess as either does work.

Thank you for the help and input on the matter.

RebelRouser

HPIM3427.JPGHPIM3430.jpgMotor mounts front and lower rear, single vertical rear frame is out because carb air cleaner will be in the way so duals will maybe work? Or maybe 45 degrees to side? AND maybe test fit exhaust??? HAPPY EASTER, Rabbit Sex.jpgheeheehee!!!

Attachments

• HPIM3428.jpg
    HPIM3428.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 124
Did something shift during the move ? Bummer if the vertical frame is off and if it can not be corrected, I am with "can't you joggle the mount brackets so they hide the vertical offset ? It is your project and I am sure you already have an idea on how to correct it all. Hope it does not set you back to far on your progress.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png